Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive had my ultra since nov of 01, and since the very first time i started it to now evan, the voltage reg lights up orange when sled is running, i never gave it a second thought but all my friends are tellim me they only glow when they bout to go out, does anyone elses glow?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My Ultra's VR also glows. So does the brand new one I put in the wifes 500 Classic. The old nonfunctioning one did not. My guess is that they are supposed to as sort of a function indicator light.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly what I was thinking, did have a minor prog up at eel pout the last night this year, started sled up was idleing warming up, bout to ride the 20 miles from the festival to the hotel its 2 am and, just as i was bout to leave the head light flickered and went really dim, i looked at the regulator and it was not lit up, opened the hood and pulled the wires father away from the pipes (really tight with the psi's) and banged on a few things to see if it was a connection prob, wouldnt change wouldnt get brighter from reving it up, shut it off turned it back on and they were bright again and the reg was glowing like normal, made to the the hotel with out lights going dim

·
Registered
2 Posts
vogey said:
so ive had my ultra since nov of 01, and since the very first time i started it to now evan, the voltage reg lights up orange when sled is running, i never gave it a second thought but all my friends are tellim me they only glow when they bout to go out, does anyone elses glow?
They are all supposed to glow orange if working properly.

Does anyone know the timing specs for a 2000 xc sp 700

1 - 6 of 6 Posts