Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam going to change the voltage regulator on my friend 95 MXZ 583. Where is the Reg on these sleds???

Rich

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anyway to check a regulator short of changing it?

Rich

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Well, when it's hooked up, measure the voltage to a running light. It should be in the neighborhood of 14 volts AC. If it climbs after that, your voltage regulator is not working, or not hooked up properly.

I don't know exactly where it is on the skidoo's, but it should be a small rectangular box, attached to some metal somewhere. On polarii, it's just in front of where your right foot rides.

-Dean

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanx. I'm pretty sure it's shot. The head light burnt both beams and the rest of the lights get a whole lot brighter than they used to.

Rich

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Its right under the engine, you cant really miss it, Is screwed into the belly pan on the inside. Its about 2x2''s and it is got a rubbery plastic in a metal box... Anyway, directly under the engine. Its hard to get at with a regular rench.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lovley. So would you say this is going to take a while or is it an easy project?

Rich

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I dont know the correct name, But what you need is a rachet that has a flexable end... Then you should get at it. Without the proper tool, you will be bangin your head against the wall. Its the dumbest place skidoo could put it. And its just a dinky little thing too...

·
Registered
128 Posts
sounds like the boys have pointed you in the right direction. dont run the sled untill you get a new reg as other stuff can go wrong and you really dont want to go there![;)]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I replaced the Reg today. I just took off the Exhaust and the recoil. It came off easy witha regular 10mm Wrench. All fixed thanx for the help

Rich

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by Richie Rich
[br]I replaced the Reg today. I just took off the Exhaust and the recoil. It came off easy witha regular 10mm Wrench. All fixed thanx for the help

Rich
Or you could just do that! [:D][:D]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts