Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last winter my headlight, handwarmers, dash lights, and taillights went out on my 1980 Polaris TX-C 340. Right now, since its raining, I have it inside and I am working on it. I am asuming that the voltage regulator is bad? Is there a way to test it? I checked resistance and it read 0 ohms. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Start up the sled and check for 10+ Volts A/C at the headlight plug. If you have 10+ volts while the sled is idleing, the stator lighting coil is working properly. Now raise the rpm of the sled up to just before clutch engagement, and see what your reading is. If you have anything over 15 Volts A/C, you need a new regulator.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1980PolarisTXC340 said:
Last winter my headlight, handwarmers, dash lights, and taillights went out on my 1980 Polaris TX-C 340. Right now, since its raining, I have it inside and I am working on it. I am asuming that the voltage regulator is bad? Is there a way to test it? I checked resistance and it read 0 ohms. Thanks for your help.
usually when a voltage regulator fails..Your headlight blows when you rev it.... Clean every connector check all the wiring...I've got a lot of electrical and ignition parts for that sled

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it was the voltage regulator. All of the lights were blown out. I replaced all of the lights and I had a spare regulator from when I bought a motor and parts a while back for this sled. Everthing seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts