Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.snotr.com/video/5149

Pretty cool vid, anybody know what episode of Top Gear that was on?

·
Registered
848 Posts
That was from a long time ago when it first aired, but they just re aired it on BBC I think last Saturday. That's one of my favorite episodes from them. They also ran the Buggati Super Sport in that one.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah, I just saw that episode last week...

Them sledders needed ice scratchers, then they wouldn't have to slow down on the ice.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
They should have run a heavy old triple against the car in that race. The triple is a lot faster and would corner better on the hard groomed snow.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Rubi said:
They should have run a heavy old triple against the car in that race. The triple is a lot faster and would corner better on the hard groomed snow.
[:D]I don't believe it was real... It was just supposed to be fun to watch I believe. Which it was!

Think about it... The odds of them ramping over the car just as it passed underneath?!?...I doubt if that was just luck.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Yeah, there's not a chance it was an actual race. The sleds would have been so far ahead of the car on the skihill that the car would never have caught up. If there was no defined course, the sleds could have just gone balls out straight down the mountain, while the car was confined to the groomed traverses.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Probably not too much, their tests like that usually have the car winning. But to get the car featured on the show? There may be a little deal going on there.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Anybody remember when Jesse James built the mini Cooper and used polaris parts, turning that into a snowmobile on Monster Garage? Same result, I think. Good entertainment, though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's from Season 15 Episode 5, which puts the date of the aired show around mid june.. i have the HD Copy of that season, i can send it you or post it up which ever works best. the file size is 1.5g

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just Re-Encoded The Video into a different format and was able to knock down the file size to 441mb if anyone is interested

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I've downloaded every single episode of Top-Gear from torrents and all episodes from many other shows, Mythbusters, all kinds of shows. It works great and is pretty fast if you have a good internet speed.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Haha I liked the ending. I agree that it was not a fair race.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Empire087 said:
The car won?........................ It was a tie
I read it totally opposite of you and ugly old poo kid. I got the idea
that the sleds beat him there and were messing around when he showed up. The sleds came from behind the cabin so they were there already. I guess it doesn't matter sense it was a make believe race anyhow. The snowmobiles would have crushed him if it was a real all terrain snow race.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if u watch close enough in that race when the sleds are jumping back on to the road or what ever you can see the second sledder get ready to ditch his sled cause the the front end came up on him, but they cut to the next seen rite before the sled is about to wreck. i will watch it this weekend and tell you exactly when it happens. its kinda funny once you catch it LOL

1,792 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
Rubi said:
[:D]I don't believe it was real... It was just supposed to be fun to watch I believe. Which it was!

Think about it... The odds of them ramping over the car just as it passed underneath?!?...I doubt if that was just luck.
I agree with you - publicity race. Just like on Sledhead when they raced a top fuel dragster against a sled and the sled won because the TFD driver didn't want to kill the sledder or Meisha Johnson, who did the arm drop. The TFD wouldn't have gotten a ticket by a cop if he was on the street.[Disappointed]

If you never seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ7ZlrjywRc&playnext=1&list=PL5F2D022642CA6CD6&index=21

1 - 20 of 23 Posts