Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys need some help...I'm looking for some parts for Wankel 303..Its a '72... a seat and tail lights to start. Engine still runs great and lights work too. I know its an oldie... but it still runs.. Can anyone help me find some of parts for it?

Thanks Guys you'll all awesome
Jenn

·
Registered
506 Posts
WOW you still have one of those!!! jeez, those are... amazing would be my first thouhgt

ya SD cat made wankel sleds back in the 70's they had inherent cooling problems, I've been waiting for someone to drop one into a modern sled for years, take the engine out of the RX-8 and drop it in... hehehe, 250 hp in an engine no bgger than the ones the sleds have in them currnetly, 1200cc's roughly

I dunno, I can't help with parts, I know there's a place down in wisconsin that keeps parts for the old girls, might try them, I think their called snowline or something like that. I duno, my dad deals with them for the old deers. I'll see if I can get a phone number or email address for you.

please tell me you're not running that sled. it'd be a shame, that's a collector.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow, well if you want to spend the cash here's a very nice seat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1582988051

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I know they made them I was just surprised to hear about one. And yeah I know the exhausts got so hot that when they parked them the ice under the sled would melt then freeze and stick the track to the ground. American Snowmobiler had an article about them some time back, I will see if I can find it, may have stuff for you MaineGirl

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya, my grandfather used to tell me stories about those sleds, he said the engine and exhaust got red hot... dunno if that's just a grandfatther tale or whether it has some merit to it. but... wankels rule, end of story.

I would love to drop an RX-3 engine into a sled just for raceing (2.4L 3 rotor) that would be killer powerfull, turbos and 0 resistance exhaust. O man, that thing would rock.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help so far.. Yeah they really are collectors items, I have 2 now a 303 and a 295... No don't run them.. ride them around sometimes though... Gotta love the sound they make. Any information is helpful.. the 295 is a new addition and needs some TLC. There are quite a few of them up here in Maine, its just finding them and decent parts thats hard. So i figured I looked around outside of Maine.

Thanks guys again you're all wicked awesome... keep it coming
Jenn :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are some more facts for you..
http://www.monito.com/wankel/snow.html

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i see stuff for sale on those motors and sled alot on www.snowmobileswapmeet.com alot its a good resource for vintage sleds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts