Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 skidoo rev 440 and i want to put a 600 Ho motor in it. what modifications need to be done or is it just a drop in project any help will greatly help tanks

· Registered
380 Posts
Should just be a drop in. From my understanding the REV Chassis hasn't changed. will be more reliable then the 440 engine i would think. Plus the extra CC's don't hurt ;) Good luck man!

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flatlander_summit said:
www.dootalk.com race sled section will have all your answers. I think the 600 or 800s are drop in, just get the oil injection and electronics and you should be game.
now do i have to use a motor out of a rev chassis or can i use one out of one of the older chassis like an 01-02?

· Registered
511 Posts
The ZX chassis motors use the same mounting plate as the REV's. You'll need a REV exhaust, carbs, etc. if using a motor from a ZX chassis.

A good example is when people put their 700 motors into the REV 440x chassis. They use the 700 motor, either the 600HO or 700 electronics, and everything else from a REV 600HO.

· Registered
511 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's got something to do with the angles of either the carb boots or the carbs themselves (the angle for the boot attachments/etc.).

Check out this forum on Dootalk. It's the race section where many people have posted their swap experience.
Dootalk Race Section

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.