Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you polaris fans say that if you wanted next year you can come up or down to me and build your own clutch kit FREE!!!! I will let you use my parts and tools and we can go out to the lake and make you a clutch kit. theres trails to try it on and we can build it using a radar. what do you say to that.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

[red]Topic Name edited by Polaris-Man[/red]

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I hope to own a dyno in the future and make my own clutch kits. However I have the oddest feeling the subject will be edited

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe but atleast i finally got to laugh at someonelse. if things go good i might have some cat stuff also. the only thing about a track dyno is it doesnt account for studding or driver wieght or paddle tracks. if you tune for maximum track hp i wonder if in the field it wouldnt load the engine with a big driver. it shouldnt you should be able to get max hp and it should work great but i just wonder. plus they must be several grand. it would be fun to have to play with though!!!!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
from what i've heard the track dynos don't work worth a crap. But if you want one, black magic has one on their website for sale.
www.blackmagicracing.com

I don't brake until I see God!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Sled Dog, you are psychic.

Anyway, I like that idea, I'd do it, but I've experimented enough with my clutches.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i'd be interested in it also. problem is, i have a 10.5 gal tank and am always the one to need fuel first. after my cousin got his zr500 clutched, he needed it about as often as myself, and he has a 13 gal tank. i don't think i can afford any worse fuel economy.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i have heard a lot of people complain about the five hundreds being hard on fuel. a little geariing clutching and carb tunning can help some. the problem is lets say to go 60 mph it takes 70 hp. on the five hundred you are at three fourths throttle so you are opening your main jets. on the 800 you are at half throttle just running the needles. i was riding with a group and i noticed that it looked like they were pulling away so i took it up to 80 and sat there for a minute then slowly squeezed 95 then started noticing that i was closing in (the trail was a little ruff so a lot off skipping and jumping was going on) i looked at the tach and was a 7200 when we fueled up i used a gallon less than the xlt. he would hold it wide open for a couple minutes then pump the throttle and then pin it again. the ruff trail kept him from going to much over 80. while i just would slowly squeeze up to speed and at 80 was still in the needle and pilot circut. it was fun though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts