Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a complete set of tools to work on Polaris Clutches. I already have a puller but I still need the Clutch holding tool, the jam nut removal tool, and the spider removal tool. I'm looking for a nice used set that you may no longer need but if you can get me a good deal on a new set, let me know. I'd like to get this to my house ASAP.

Thanks!

- Joe

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
http://hiperf.com/acatalog/Snowmobile_Parts_Clutch_Tools_194.html

·
Registered
197 Posts
I picked up mine from a guy I do allot of business with J and J machinery. Jeremy is his Name the brand he sells is SLP had way better price then any other place I found. He also does great crank work (darn twin 800's)line boring ,big bearing with ring .Very knowledgeable guy. Tell him Bronson sent you

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just picked mine up from J R Graham. Best deal I could find. also buy a 3/4" breaker bar and have a 1/2" torque wrench that goes to 250 ft# with 1/2 to 3/4 adapter.

Part numbers are 725-285, 725-286, 725 287, and SP20162 I didnt see them listed in their new catalog.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I'm going to hold off on the new tools for a day or two and see if anyone can give me a good deal on a used set of clutch tools they no longer need.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
make sure you are getting american made. the china tools are priced right but dont last.

its more costly to use a cheap china tool than to spend the money up front on quality tools. erlandson, hiperf, team are all sources to look at.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
madcow said:
make sure you are getting american made. the china tools are priced right but dont last.

its more costly to use a cheap china tool than to spend the money up front on quality tools. erlandson, hiperf, team are all sources to look at.
Thanks for the info, I didn't consider that but you are exactly right.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah, I usually buy strictly american tools, but I just bought a cheepie puller so I could cut it down, use it once, and toss it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate buying the cheapy tools. it always costs me more in the end because you have to buy them over and over again.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the worst part is not that you have to buy another one, what if you are doing someone elses sled, the puller goes to hell becuase you got a cheap one. if you screw up the threads in the end of the crank or inside the clutch you are going to be taking alot of money out of your pocket to get a sled fixed. charge a 100$ in labor on a job that costed you 300$.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
American made. I've been beating on my clutch tools for over 10 years now. Still going strong. Same goes for the shock rebuilding tools. Now only if I could MX86 to shut the Nitrogen tank off!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
650indy1 said:
I picked up mine from a guy I do allot of business with J and J machinery. Jeremy is his Name the brand he sells is SLP had way better price then any other place I found. He also does great crank work (darn twin 800's)line boring ,big bearing with ring .Very knowledgeable guy. Tell him Bronson sent you
650indy1 said:
his number is 435-770-3400
I gave this guy a call and you were right, he had some good prices. Much less than J R Graham. He even gave me free shipping!
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
197 Posts
sledfreak139 said:
650indy1 said:
650indy1 said:
I gave this guy a call and you were right, he had some good prices. Much less than J R Graham. He even gave me free shipping!
Thanks for your help!
I'm glad it worked out Jeremy is a good guy to deal with.I'm curious I was searching some forums on ski guide layouts for inline trailers and I saw your posting on the subject.I'm having the same problem with the v-nose what solution didnt you come up with.(not to go off topic)If you could please pm me some pics or a product that would be great.
THX

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whitexc said:
So....spill the beans...what did you get and how much ching did you shell out?
I bought a SLP holding fixture, SLP jam nut tool, SLP spider tool, clutch press tool, clutch puller, and the Aaen clutch tuning handbook. [thumb]

I spent $290 on everything. Hopefully it will pay off lol.

650indy1 said:
sledfreak139 said:
650indy1 said:
650indy1 said:
Thanks for your help!
I'm glad it worked out Jeremy is a good guy to deal with.I'm curious I was searching some forums on ski guide layouts for inline trailers and I saw your posting on the subject.I'm having the same problem with the v-nose what solution didnt you come up with.(not to go off topic)If you could please pm me some pics or a product that would be great.
THX
I ended up coming up with a really good layout. I still have pictures on my phone. I Will try and upload them when I get home later on today. I also went with a different type of ski guide that works great for quads and sleds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts