Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an inventor wantabe. I have been racking my brains for ideas. I find that when people tell me their ideas, things that would make their life easier or safer,more exciting or what product could use improving then I get ideas on how to make it. So... Im not asking for your million dollar idea that you are going to make a fortune with one day with, just tell me some day to day things that hassel you or iritate you because you know there must be a better way.

Reasonable people adapt to the world around them....Unreasonable people try to change it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, Hotrod. Can you do something about the 2 1/2 hour trip for me to get to my partner's place? How about a teleporter, you know, like in "The Fly"? And to keep it on topic, it would get me to the trails that much sooner!

Jacqui.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yeah theres one... Make my 3 hour ride to my cottage shorter!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
837 Posts
can you find a way to raise the speed limit for certain cars, like give each car a rating of what it can drive and turn so if you drive a old boat type car you get a 5 rating and if you drive a audi tt you get a 1 and they the speeds go like 70 for 5, 75 for 4, 80 for 3, 85 for 2 and 90 for 1. thats how it should be, thats more of a political thing but ity would be cool of that happened

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL Ill get right on those. Actually Im trying to be serious and Im looking for ideas more like the proverbial "better mousetrap" Small simple things. Look around you... I wonder how rich the guy is that invented the Paperclip. What a brilliant idea. Lets bend this piece of wire and we will sell millions of them for the next century and beyond. More serious ideas please.

Reasonable people adapt to the world around them....Unreasonable people try to change it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. You look at something that is brilliantly simple, like the new plastic paint containers with built in spouts, and think "why the heck didn't I think of that?!"

jacqui.

·
Registered
837 Posts
how about this idea, a paint stick sock, it would be a plastic cover for the stick so when you mix the paint and you want to change paints you just throw away the cover, itsa not for storage but easy cleaup

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
how about edible under.... oh wait those already exist. hmmmmm IKNOW!!! how about a device that would keep any and all kids QUIET!!! that would make MILLIONS or better yet BILLIONS!!!!

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bobinwi:
how about edible under.... oh wait those already exist. hmmmmm IKNOW!!! how about a device that would keep any and all kids QUIET!!! that would make MILLIONS or better yet BILLIONS!!!!

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.
[/quote]

There is such a device...Its called a gun.

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Here's one for ya Hotrod,

A rolling truck deck.

Ever had to crawl inside the back of a toppered truck to get something, it hurts your knees.

I thought of a bolt-in rolling deck that you could slide out like a drawer to load your truck.

It would have to be very heavy duty though, probably using multiple slide rails for strength, and sides at the front so that things would not fall off the deck and into the spaces ahead of the wheel wells, or off the front as it is pulled out. This would be great for vans too.

I think that this is a great idea, and now that I have posted it will be out there making someone rich within a year, but I have neither the expertise or time to do it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey, we had the variable speed limit thing in Montana a couple years ago. Actually no limit but they could site you for reckless if you were going to fast. A sports car could drive 90 and not get sited, but in my truck I could get pulled over at 80. They said it was to high profile to drive that fast.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i heard the fasted speed clocked when that was the limit was 120, i don't think he got sited, and when i went to big sky i was going 100 on the streights, and a month ago i was going 120 to fargo just a couple times.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Both of those Ideas are really good. Notice how erick picked up immediately on Mattgross's idea, and he would have never thought of that before. Thats exactly what im tring to gain from this post. It doesnt have to be a full blown idea. I dont want to take your great ideas. But if Mattgross would have said I think its a waste to use a new paint stick everytime. Or if 500fasenuf would have said I hate crawling in the back of the truck under a topper. Thats all I want. Things to get me thinking. Thanks for the response. Anyone else got a pet peeve.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love your Idea . And the name you picked could turn some heads. I have a big concern with it though, but thats not where I want this forum to go. I dont want to judge any idea or suggestion. I just want sugestions to get me thinking. Ever heard of Brainstorming. I am considering this post an International brainstorming session. Men women and childern from across the world unite to help me get RICH. LOL. Please keep the ideas coming

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'm full of ideas...

How about make some heated windsheild wipers for vehicles. I hate when slush and snow stick to the blades and streak and smear til' you can't see. IMO, winter (rubber covered) wiper blades don't help much, they stick too.

It would be simple. Integrate some type of heating element within the base of the rubber blade or the metal structure, and it would melt right off. Run the wires back into the vehicle the same way some washer fluid hoses are routed. Connect it to the 12 volt system of the car. Activate it with an Auto-shutoff switch in the cab >>> very similar to the way rear defrost works. Simple! Then i could see while driving in heavy snow.

I'd buy one!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts