Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to up grade my 1993 XLT suspension to a extra 10 or 12 is this possible how would i go about doing this what do i need to buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400586657&category=6755

will this work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for so many ques. I am kind of new to working on sleds myself been riding for a bit but taking to the sled head level but what measurement.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Do a search, I remember there were some other topics in this forum that talked about this. There were some links that you may find helpful.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Here is the info:

http://www.off-road.com/snowmobile/project/indy/xtra10.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
Perhaps this is something the Polaris die-hards could answer, as I openly admit, I'm not one of them, but didn't the X-tra 12 have huge weight transfer problems? And shouldn’t "dawg" try to find an X-tra 10 instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put a Ski Doo SC-10 under a 93 XLT SKS. You need four measurements. From jackshaft to front bolt. Then from top of tunnel to front bolt. Then jackshaft to rear bolt, and top of tunnel to rear bolt. I just tok the measurements off of a sled on showroom floor and then applied them to mine. Done this 4 years ago and never looked back. I then picked up long travel front shocks from Carl's Cycle out of Boise ID. Best upgrade I have ever done.

Thanks Scott S.

·
Registered
129 Posts
650Indy:
Originally posted by Sirdawg41
[br]I am looking to up grade my 1993 XLT suspension to a extra 10 or 12
Yes, the link was for a X-tra 10, but the post was regarding either the 10 or 12.

·
Registered
637 Posts
In that case.. agreed!! don't bother with a xtra 12.. look for a 10 (looks like you found one).. especially if you don't plan on changing the front suspension..

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
its easy to put an xtra 10 under that 93 xlt, i did it to my 93 xlt, my x-10 came out of a 96 xcr, and i just measured where the mounts were rivited to the tunnel, then removed mounts off xcr, and relocated them to my xlt, works really well, i also put the ifs xtra on the front of my xlt, basically just gave it a wider ski stance, but everything will fit, as long as you take your time and like snoxtreme said, alot of measuring, i do know that if your planning to remove your original mounts for different ones, you will have to do some cutting to allouw the new mounts to fit in with the heat exchangers. otherwise, very easy, the off road.com link is very helpful, and i emailed the author of the article and got some advice from him as well, any questions, feel free to pm me here or email me. good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts