Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is in need of a topend for his 02 ski-doo mxz 500. he fried one cyl and piston.

Anyone have?

thanks,
joe

Will a 500 from a 98 ski-doo summet bolt in and use the same stuff? Or what about a 98 ski-doo mxz 583?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
Racing_joe66 said:
My friend is in need of a topend for his 02 ski-doo mxz 500. he fried one cyl and piston.

Anyone have?

thanks,
joe

Will a 500 from a 98 ski-doo summet bolt in and use the same stuff? Or what about a 98 ski-doo mxz 583?

thanks in advance
Look on ebay thats where i get all my expensive parts from you usually save s few bucks..

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Those egines may bolt right up depending on if the motor mount on the sled currently will bolt right up. Find a cylinder and buy a new OEM piston.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. If anyone has info if the 02's wiring harness and exhaust and stuff will work on the 98 will be great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Racing_joe66 said:

Anyone have?

thanks,
joe

thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a piston melt down in a Safari once, I thought the cyl was junk but what i saw in the cyl was just piston material and it got honed out

GearJammer said:
I had a piston melt down in a Safari once, I thought the cyl was junk but what i saw in the cyl was just piston material and it got honed out

GearJammer said:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts