Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to ride my classic, and I really like it. However I have an issue with starting when hot.

After I stop and sit for a bit, such as get gas, I have to crack the throttle to start it back up. If it sits for a longer while, say an hour, it starts up great.

Is this a problem or just an annoyance? It runs great, idle is at 1500 rpm, and the idle mixture screws are at 1.5 turns out.

Thanks!

RainmanX

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Sounds like the classis Polaris start up routine. When the engine is warm you have to crack the throttle some. Perfectly normal

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah same goes with my brothers Xc 700 once its warm he has to hold the throttle to the bars or else hell be pulling for days but when the engine sits for a while itll fire right up with out cracking the throtle

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Same is true on my 2002 800 as well.

It's not a big deal, but can be a pain when you are trying to pull over the big 800 with one hand a work the throttle with the other.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!! I was concerned that I may have to replace the needle and seats in the carbs..

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have had this same deal on any reed valved polaris engine.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Perfectly normal. When I warm-start my '01 600 I crack open the throttle as I pull the recoil. Thats a typical starting prodecure for a reed-valve 2-stroke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts