Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everybody know. I had a bad dealing with
polarisguy700.

I put up post That I wanted a wedge cover. And polarisguy700 responded to me saying he had a Brand New one. I then replied to him asking if it was for a wedge. He said yes it was. So we worked out a price of $85.00 plus shipping. Which the total came to $98.00, So I sent him a money order for $100.00.

We got this cover in the mail on Tuesday. And it was not new, but was in good condition. IT WAS NOT FOR WEDGE, it was for a gen II sled. So needless to say it will not fit my wedge. I emailed
polarisguy700 and told him it won't work. He responded saying I must be putting it on wrong. So I then took pictures of it on my sled.Showing him that it didn't fit.

polarisguy700 responded today telling me it fit fine. and said he wasn't going to refund my money, because he has stuff to pay for and go ahead and resell it!!!

Well polarisguy700 ripped me off. SO BEWARE DON'T BUY STUFF FROM THIS GUY. Or you will be sol like me!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Jeez, sounds to me like poor communication, you should have asked if he could take pics of it before you bought it. Also, he could have thought that the gen II was also called the wedge.

Not to get on anyones bad side, just stating that maybe before you deciede to shell out 100 bucks for a "new" hood, that you should have seen some pics to determine if it would work on your application.

But none the less, he should not have acted so rude to you when you confronted him about the difference in hood styles. I think he should refund your money and take back the hood. Yes we all need to pay for things, but refusing the refund money is just down right rude IMO.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do agree with you on the Pics, but right on the Tag it says 99-04 Gen II with a part number.

He also said he sold his sled but kept the cover, so he didnt have any Pics of the cover with it on the sled.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
That would really suck. I'm a new to ebay and I have to try and get a whole topend for a 98 zr 600 and I really hope I don't get mixed up in a mess like this. "buyers beware" I guess...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by mackinsaw
[br]That would really suck. I'm a new to ebay and I have to try and get a whole topend for a 98 zr 600 and I really hope I don't get mixed up in a mess like this. "buyers beware" I guess...
Atleast on Ebay you can check there feedback and have a good idea with who you are dealing with.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Originally posted by polaris1

He also said he sold his sled but kept the cover, so he didnt have any Pics of the cover with it on the sled.
But there is a considerable difference between the two, and wih a little research with a pic you'll be able to determine if it is an actual wedge or gen II hood.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I may be interested in buying that cover because at the end of the month we wil hopeful be bringing home a '00 XCSP 700. Keep me in mind, if you decide to sell it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey this guiy has his story wrong i asked him if he wanted pics of it so he could make sure it was the right one and he said no just send it to me so i did and that one fits my sled fine he didnt even have the straps strapped so he bought it and now hes not happy and i dont have the money i had something i had to buy that day i didnt have the money for a hour and i wasnt rude about it i told him that i couldnt refund his money hes the one yelling at me and not being civil about it

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
[red]I think that this is a discusion that you two should take care of through either pm's email's or over the phone. if you have an issue with a person deal with it through other means, there's no need for calling the other person out in a thread. A topic of this nature will bring nothing but bad things to this forum.[/red]

·
Registered
798 Posts
Always two sides to a story ^^^^Right..

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Both sides have been told. Any more conversation will turn into a ruckus. Members have a right to know without twisted stories. Anymore topics on this particular deal will be locked immediatly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.