Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at greenwater 12/9. not really a base but plenty o' powder up there. 2-4 feet still some stumps so be careful on some of those hillclimbs. The groomer was out so the trails are getty better

I ran stampede pass on Thanksgiving and it was just getting snow then but its been snowing pretty much daily. I hear theres tons a powder again not much base. same with Kachess which is across I-90.

I'll post more as I ride in other areas.

I called the state parks dept and they are going to start grooming on 12/15

I need spellcheck!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I don't know where you live but if your around the eastern part of the state check out Sand Point, Idaho (bout an hour drive from Spokane) mostly Schweitzer Mtn. They have got about 8 feet of snow and there is a ton of riding trails and lots of backcountry around the area. Anyway that used to be my old stomping grounds but now I live in Alaska!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Western WA. Gonna take a little night ride tonight! Cant wait to get going!!!! 4 hours and 14 minutes left!!! I grew up in spokane and have family there that we sled with at least once a year. We always go to Idaho. Usually around 4th of July pass which is near Couer Da Lane ID. I love it there. There is like 700 miles of groomed trails to run along with some gnarly hill climbs!!! I never been much of a powder guy but I'm taken liking to it this year. I think I'm gonna try to get a Mountain sled. Don't know how yet though!!!

I need spellcheck!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I also grew up in Spokane, and I'am familar(?) with the area of 4th of July pass, been there plenty of times! If your going to be getting into a mountain sled try going down the road a piece to Mullen, Idaho also. They have tons of backcountry area with lots of snow, me and my friends used to go to that area all the time to Snowboard. I have never been up there on a sled but have seen lots of people and tracks that have!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts