Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd go with the 800, ya can never have enough power. Although i would check out the weight difference also, see how much lighter the 700 is, its porbably only a pount or two, but ya never know.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
By next year the 800 twin should be living up to it's name. It will have a HP increase and should be around 150 HP stock.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would like to know how a 14 yr old can afford a sled of this power also how do you insure something like this at your age??? Are you sure you can handle a sled of this power properly?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i dont insure my sleds....I work my ass of to buy me sleds.I'm not gonna pay more money for insuracne that i dont need.If i were to wreck my sled,the only way insurance would pay for it would be if the other guy did it....in that case i would sue the guy.LOL!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well if Erick is correct and the 800 gets some more juice, then go with that. If they don't change I would go with the 700, only a couple horse difference between the two and the 700s always seem more spunky to me.....That is MHO!

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is obviously a kid with no responsibities or values for other people's property. If you were in Canada you have to have insurance to ride on trails if you were in an accident and hit another sled here or in the US I think you would be in deep sh*# with out insurance. Please tell me what you would do if you ran into a brand new 2003 Polaris and did about 4,000.$ damage, or worse hurt the person on the sled. If I were you I would very seriously think about getting insurance, accidents happen to everyone. You could be as you said sued and that could be for the rest of your life if you hurt the person and they couldn't work again in their life. Guys don't get me wrong but with attitudes like this kid there should be a law about age limits of people buying sleds and manditory insurance laws. I was once 14 but feel I was alot more responsible. I grew up with morals and values for other people. I pray that you never have an accident but don't even think of coming to Canada to ride!!!!!!!! If you got caught here with out insurance you can kiss your brand new sled good buy..

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Ok....I'm not even gonna defend my self becasue its not worth my time!No one here knows me,no one here knows how I (key word is I) ride, no one here knows they people around here.OK....are you morons getting the point.Dont call me iresponsible, have no consiederation for others, o yea and another thing I DONT LIVE IN CANADA...so stop comparing me to u,here it is totally differnt!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
In the US, you still need liability insurance. If you hit someone and they sue you, and you don't have insurance, it's all coming out of your pocket.

I buy insurance. I hit a deer with my sled, came out to about 1400 bucks damage, I pay $200 and insurance covers the rest.

can't go wrong with that.

Also, what if you hit a tree, what if you hit another person, what if you hit an animal, what if you hit a building, what if.

It doesn't matter who you are or how you ride. Accidents can happen to anyone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank You Polaris-Man maybe he will listen to you and not from someone old enough to be his dad. I don't know anything and haven't been there or done that. Maybe you get the picture 98mxzx440 you have responsibilities to people around you. You may not belive this but you are not SUPERMAN even though you think you are. The best drivers in the world have accidents thats why they call them accidents and not on purposes, haha. Dont get us wrong all we are trying to tell you is you NEED INSURANCE

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have to agree with the insurance thing, if you don't care about yourself..at least care about the people or objects around you....my 2 cents..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Max fine for not having insurance in ontario is 5000$ thats not a typo... its 5 grand...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't see why anyone wouldn't want insurance. Its the coolest thing in the world, lol, but seriously it is really nice to have, if you destroy your sled, $200 or so later, you have what you need to A. Fix it, or B. Go buy a new one! And no matter how laid back a rider, or how good you are, stuff happens, get insurance and it costs less! :)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
ummm canadianguy, " If you were in Canada you have to have insurance to ride on trails..." i live in Nova Scotia and insurence isnt manditory liek u say it is. not one of the 30 people i ride with have insurence

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guys cut him some slack or at least quit being assholes about it.I have never had insurance and niether has my dad.You dont have to like his or my choice but you dont have to go bitchin at him canadian guy.Sure I dont have insurance and ive crashed before and im fine paying for it.Also i live in a very rural area and there isnt many people he to hit and ive never hit anyone. yeah you have a good point that shit happens but you dont have to dissin our friend 98mxzx440 here. thanks for your time

if i offended anyone with my language, i apologise

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
mrnoah, leave the moderating to moderators and nobody was "bitching" at anyone.

And you don't buy insurance cuz "ive never hit anyone" you buy it cuz "I COULD hit someone"

I had never hit anything in my life, until this year, I hit a deer. I pay $200, voila, my new hood with decals and plastic thing under the hood (1300 dollars damage) is fixed.

It seems some people don't understand this though, and if they want to be ignorant fools and ride without insurance, that's their business. I just hope you never hit someone and cause personal harm, because then they can sue the hell out of you and it's all coming out of YOUR pocket.

It doesn't just go for sleds either, how about your car? Do you insure your car? I live on a farm, we insure our crops. Last year, we got hail, we got 30% hail coverage, we got money for it. Our neighbors lost about 95% of their field to hail, and got nothing, they had to pay the expenses out of their pocket, and got no returns.

I'm going to shut up now though because these "I don't need insurance" people won't listen anyway, they are all supermen who can't ever have an accident.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts