·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buyer beware!!

eBay Item #: 320043772766
eBay Seller: bobby106un6
Sled: 1996 Arctic Cat ZRT 600 Tripple

My buddy and I went to go and buy this snowmobile but it ended up being a total POS!! Looked good on eBay... Located in Kunkletown, PA.

1. Track had intermittent lock up. Possible driven clutch bearings.
2. Carbs 1 and 2 were pouring out fuel through the drain.
3. Fuel filter was clogged.
4. Fuel on/off swith was partly clogged.
5. Seemed like Speedo cable was off for a good period of time in the dash area. Looked like it was moving around within the hood leavin marks.
6. Extra bolts- spark plugs at the base of the tub.

[attachment=49578]
[attachment=49579]

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Did you report him to ebay?
Did you give him a VERY POOR RATING WITH Comments to warn others?

I hate guys like that, absolutely.

thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Curt_Man
[br]Did you report him to ebay?
Did you give him a VERY POOR RATING WITH Comments to warn others?

I hate guys like that, absolutely.

thanks for the warning.
We told the guy that we wanted to buy it right away and to end the auction.. We didn't go through eBay to purchase it.. It was also for sale locally..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read what he wrote below... It was not ready to ride.. Track was also f-up... "Very well maintained" Complete B/S... I didn't expect it to be a POS by the description in the auction..

You are bidding on a 1996 Artic Cat ZRT 600 Triple Cylinder snowmobile. This sled is in great condition and ready to ride for the 2006/07 Season. The engine is a liquid cooled 600 cc triple cylinder, Makuni Carbs, and triple exhaust. This sled is very fast, has been adult owned and very well maintained. It currently has 3,186 miles. It is oil injected, has hand and thumb warmers. The plastic skies and carbide skegs are in excellent shape. The rear trck is very good and the studs are in excellent shape. There is no damage or cracks on the sled. A small tear is on the rear of the seat about the size of a dime. The HYMARK clutch is has less then 300 miles on it. I am including the service manual, parts manual, extra boggy wheels, sled cover, extra belts, head light and more. This unit has always been stored inside. I have never jumped with this sled or beat on it. It has been ridded fast but not hard. Very dependable.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Don't look like he bought it afterall after looking at it, just posting a beware to everyone else that would be interested in it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
IMO Ebay is great for items around the house (Tools, toys, parts, ect.).

But when it comes to items such as used vehicles, ATV and what not I think most of the time someone is getting set up for the BIG fall.

I don't buy a vehicle unless I personally inspect it or I have a mechanic inspect it. To many items to inspect to leave it to one or two pics and some strangers word that is trying to make $$$.

(Not say all people are trying to rip you off....But in this day and age it's hard to take people for their word.

Hint the phrase: Consumer beware!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
After all the scams on there the last few weeks I'd be leary of buying ANYTHING off there...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]After all the scams on there the last few weeks I'd be leary of buying ANYTHING off there...
I bought 3 sleds off of eBay in the past month all were legit buys and I've seen no issues (knock on wood). You just gotta watch for items like the one above..

1987 Polaris Indy Sport 340cc with 585 miles.
1997 Mountain Max 700cc with 2100 miles.
1996 Polaris Indy XCR SP 600cc with 3600 miles.

My girlfriends brother bought a few sleds also and had no issues (knock on wood again)

1995 Ski-Doo Mach 1 with 4350 miles.
1995 Formula SS with 1530 miles.
1996 Polaris Indy Classic 488cc with 3944.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i bought my sled off ebay it said nothing wrong i get it home i needed to change a wheel i thought no big deal. so well i had the suspension out i noticed one of the studs ripped out and ther was a hole in the track and the wheel that wore out goes right over top of the whole, so i assume thats why it wore out in the first place. so now i need a new track and the deal i got mabye isnt as good as i think. i jus saaumed there would be no issues with a 2003 with only 500 miles and buying it from a dealer. he said he will look after us. i hope this is true they are way down in rushford minnesota. thats like 22 hrs from me

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Well Here's a ? for Ya Pardner[;)],
If I win this auction at OOHHHHH Let's Say $350/$450[:D], Would this be a Workable Sled. Keeping in Mind that a Good 96 ZeRt Bring's about $1200-$1600 around these part's[:p].
No Need to call him a DoucheBag[:0], just for listing his sled again (The Same Way[8)]) Dude is just trying to sell something He does'nt want anymore[xx(].
Rick (The Tequila's Talking![:D][:D][:p])

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yea i just looked at it. it seems alot of people are getting better at hiding problems with the sled, especially if you dont know what to look for. thanks for the heads up skybids

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I think he's calling him a douche bag because this bozo just re-listed the sled with the SAME line---Sled is in excellent condition, ready to ride!! If Skyybids pointed out what was wrong with the sled and didn't buy it for those reasons (then obviously he knows the sled isn't in excellent condition) then he IS a douche bag, not just some poor fella trying to sell something he doesn't want.....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]I think he's calling him a douche bag because this bozo just re-listed the sled with the SAME line---Sled is in excellent condition, ready to ride!! If Skyybids pointed out what was wrong with the sled and didn't buy it for those reasons (then obviously he knows the sled isn't in excellent condition) then he IS a douche bag, not just some poor fella trying to sell something he doesn't want.....
Well said ultrastud!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Originally posted by Skyybids
[br]
Originally posted by Ultra680
[br]How did you pay? Postal money order, bank or personal check, or cash?
We didn't buy it.. Went there with cash ready to buy and found that it was a POS..
Good for you, and you did the right thing by paying when picking it up. This is a good warning to those not experienced with ebay.[;)]

·
Registered
764 Posts
too some people, ready to ride is it starts up and moves

1 - 20 of 21 Posts