Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local fleet farm to get a gallon of oil today and they were out, the only thing I could find that was close is Mystik 2-cycle watercraft engine oil. Its full synthetic JT-4 oil and says it "is recommended for all air cooled or liquid cooled 2 cycle injector or premix PWC by Sea Doo, Polaris, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and other original equipment manufacturers, also recommended for 2-cycle engines requiring API TC, JASO FC, and JASO FD. also says NOT for use in OUTBOARD marine engines!"

Looks to me to be the same stuff as the other Mystik 2 cycle oil, but in a black bottle and $1 cheaper. Does anyone see why it can't be used??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i know im gonna get **** for this but use the $10 wal mart outboard oil. havnt had any problems. i started using it cuz my ultra all of a sudden started DRINKING oil. i was using a whole resivior in 60 miles and i just ran out of money for the $30 polaris oil. in your case id say stick with whatever your using for one $1 more. and I did try to find the problem with my ultra, i adjusted the cable and put a new oiler in it. it still does it. so who knows, sorry for my rant

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
If you are running the Mystik sled oil with no problems, I don't think you'd have any problems with the PWC oil either. If you get on Mystik's page, the features and physical properties between the oils are identical.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah... Gotta flow in cold temps, or it's just globs and not oil.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
He should be fine. Like I said, the physical properties are the same between the Snow and PWC oils...which means the pour point is the same. In both cases, it is -54*F.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thanks, I have both bottles right here in front of me know, the WC oil and the sled stuff, and they are labeled exactly the same, just different color bottle.

polarisripper, I have heard that with some of these sleds that when the oil pump goes bad it goes to a full on so you will use tons of oil, I would check into that.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
There was a thread on this a while back, from what i've heard it's pretty solid stuff. Very similiar to citgo ss but full syn.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Empire087 said:
There was a thread on this a while back, from what i've heard it's pretty solid stuff. Very similiar to citgo ss but full syn.
I remembered that thread, but that was for the mystik snowmobile oil, this stuff I picked up has a different colored bottle and says personal watercraft on it, but like Quinlan said, its the same stuff, just different bottle. thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
i use citgo safegard sea and snow. 16$ a gallon. it's good stuff. semi-synthetic as well.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
dtmmil said:
I went to my local fleet farm to get a gallon of oil today and they were out, the only thing I could find that was close is Mystik 2-cycle watercraft engine oil. Its full synthetic JT-4 oil and says it "is recommended for all air cooled or liquid cooled 2 cycle injector or premix PWC by Sea Doo, Polaris, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and other original equipment manufacturers, also recommended for 2-cycle engines requiring API TC, JASO FC, and JASO FD. also says NOT for use in OUTBOARD marine engines!"

Looks to me to be the same stuff as the other Mystik 2 cycle oil, but in a black bottle and $1 cheaper. Does anyone see why it can't be used??
No issues since the it is rated as a FC-FD. Polaris used the same oil in the water craft as their sleds.
Dam I miss my sltx and slx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts