Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think this has been posted yet, but here the info and the link.
http://www.amsnow.com/sno/default.aspx?c=a&id=2857

"On October 25, 2006, Henrik Lodin from Kramfors, Sweden, managed to beat the world record for a long distance run for a snowmobile on water. He drove his Polaris Dragon 600 H.O. '06 on the Angerman River. After 2 hours and 39 minutes, he was back, and the GPS showed 105.74 miles. The attempt is pending registration and analysis for the Guinness Book of World Records.

Henrik tells the reporters:
"Like you saw, I didn't sunk my sled like other record breakers. When the GPS showed my goal, I went to shore and up to my trailer dry and clean! It feels good to beat an 18-year-old record. If the old champ, Henry Bieda or someone else beat my record I will go for really looong run. Like I said, I went up to my trailer dry and clean."

Congratulations to Henrik Lodin!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I dont think that 39 miles per hour sounds slow at all, it actually sounds pretty reasonable, you can go pretty slow on water, adn 39 mph is alot faster than you need to be going on water to stay going.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
So how do you refuel or what size does he have?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
thats sick[:p]

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
That is cool as hell!! I really like how he notes that he decided to come in he did not have to sink to do it!!

DW

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
ya if it was WOT the whole time it would have popped that little 600...also if you look at the link in the picture he is deffinatley not wot

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
very impressive, i wouldn't mind seeing how far i could get my indy 500 to go.. haha right

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Originally posted by super_pat_89
[br]
Originally posted by Skipponator
[br]So how do you refuel or what size does he have?
His last record, he had extra fuel in his backpack.

Imagine filling up your tank, Going over water.
Wasn't his back pack like the tour buddy for the REV, it could have been on his back for the first record. For the second one he could have had it in the same place as a REV.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have a tour buddy for my actic cat. It sits right over the belt, but I'm thinking of taking it off to get ride of some weight.

I'm gonna have to try skipping the powder special this winter! 105 miles is friggen nuts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.