Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for all the xcr 800 riders!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

Just click the link ...this was done by a group of riders from Barrie On. in Honey Harbour near Muskoka ON.

http://www.aprilfoolsonline.com/2005demo.wmv

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know much about this but would thier sleds be set up much different to make them run open like that for so far? You would think after a while the sled would start to porpoise and loose speed...It actually looks like they are accelerating on the water!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Really all you need is about 1 1/4 lugs to accelerate on water, and at least a 600. Love to watch this stuff. Glad to know me and me friends are not the only ones who cant afford jet-skis and snowmobiles at the same time.

·
Registered
864 Posts
no real setup differance. Make sure you have no leaks to get clutches wet. Have found you can't get much past 70-75 on the water, you can hear water cavitate in the tunnel, but ceritnaly can vary the speed a bit.
I'll watch the vids, that big water spooks me.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
thats juat amazing...id love to do that one day....only in the summer for me though lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
That is truely amazing. Who needs a seadoo when you can ride your sled on water like that? Sixhundredcc, good to see someone else from Stouffville on here lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
hey you stoufville people have you been able to ride on musslemans lake?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
wow, thats intense.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by SRXSRULE
[br]That is truely amazing. Who needs a seadoo when you can ride your sled on water like that? Sixhundredcc, good to see someone else from Stouffville on here lol
seadoo's float and you can have a lot more fun on a seadoo in the water than you can with a sled... i didn't see those sleds doing donuts on the water... lol... seadoo's have their purpose.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Any tru water sled i'v ever seen is set up to run on the track only and the skis being off the water all the time. See 500 fugis run laps that way but these guys are running flat as can be. Must be they got it figured out. Cool Vid.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Im ready to try it. But only on water that smooth will I attempt something like that

·
Registered
586 Posts
my 01 600 has a 1 1/2 inch track ... i'd love to try that ... i'm to big of a ***** tho .. lol .. i dont wanna sink it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts