Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep gettting ice and water in my carbs and i take them apart and dry them out and then it runs fine. i have k&n filters and the pre filters and it seem to suck snow in or steem from the pipe it happens when i drive through deep snow what can i do to stop this from happening

·
Registered
155 Posts
one way to keep ice from builing up would be to run ISOHEET with your gas. i always do and i've never had a problem with frozen carbs.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
my opion is run a little bit of iso popel in every tank....or every other tank. i had water in my system and that was the only thing that fixed it......happy riding

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
The fuel additive wont help him with his problem. He is not getting the water through the fuel lines, he is getting it through the intake end of the carbs. If it happens when you are riding through deep snow, im assuming that you are getting snow to come in through the hood screens. Now i would say that you could put a finer screen in the hood but if it were me i would probably just reinstall the original air-box. I really dont think that the aftermarket air cleaners really help all that much....and if they do help, are they really worth all the problems they cause?

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i ordered a hooh screen from brtech racing and i got some prefilters. and i think that will solve tyhe problem i also sprayed the carbs with bombardier lub and that seem to stop the icing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts