Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was going to change lube in chaincase (91 indy 650) and when I pulled the cover off a lot of water came out. We just changed all of the bearings last year before winter and believe it may be coming in from backside (underneath by track) but not sure and if it is dont know why. Anyone ever have this problem?

·
Registered
571 Posts
On that chaincase you have 3 seals, 1 behind each bearing, and of course the seal around the cover. I would say replace all 3 of those and you will fix the problem. Im sure they arent all bad but it won't hurt to replace them anyway. It'll probably cost you about 15 bucks, and take you an hour or 2 to fix. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you evey power washed the underside of your sled? I have heard of people that do this getting water in their chaincase from the force of the water of the pressure washer. Just a thought

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would say your drive shaft seal was not put back in, or not in properly. If it is not that then as said above, one of your seals are shot.
The one in your tunnel would be the most realistic

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Redid the bottom seal and it seams to have fixed the problem. It was just weird because we changed it last year at begginning of season. The 91 doesnt have a seal on it like our 92 does and I am thinking I now know why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts