Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor got full of water and then froze. It wont pull over or anything. I know if when it froze it could crack the case cylinder ect but it doest look like it has. Hypothetically if it hasnt what do i do know or is my motor f**cked.
Thanxs

·
Registered
48 Posts
first of all how did your motor get full of water? did you put it in the drink? if you want to do it right you take the motor out of the machine and bring it in the house if possiable take the carbs off and cleam them out good there should be some drain plugs under the exaust tubes if i remember right if not there under the intake take those plugs out and let it drain for a couple of days i wouldnt force on tring to pull it over as you will start bending things and creating more of a mess good luck ive seen poeple drop the sleds in the water and think they have it all out nope blew up dont mess with open water

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
get the water out asap. flush it out with a mixture of gas, oil, and drygas, turning over slowly. Assuming that it does turn over. Heavy concentrations of oil in that mixture as well.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Take the motor out of the sled. Sounds like the water has been in there for more than a day (not good).

Just because it looks "fine" doesn't mean that it is. Often times cracks are extremely small, and can't be seen very easy. Who knows what it will look like when you pull it out.

With the engine out I would suggest breaking it down. Take the top end off, and split the cases to take a good look at your crank and bearings. It sounds like the water has been in there a while, and could have corroded a lot of stuff.

With everything apart look for cracks, rust, pitting, corrosion...etc. If you don't find anything un-usual put a liberal coating of 2 stroke oil on everything and re-assemble.

Next time don't let it freeze like that!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Polaris makes fogging oil in quart bottles. After you look it over, pour that stuff all over everything. It displaces water and is really clingey. It stinks, but is good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts