Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my engine was bogging down right off the idle and i figured that not enough fuel was going to the engine due to either the fuel pump malfunctioning or the fuel filter(which I had not changed for a few years). I went ahead and changed the fuel filter first and upon removing the old one i saw water bubbles in the spilt gasoline.

So it seems that there is water in my fuel tank which would explain the bogging as well....My question is what is the extent of engine damage due to small amounts of water in my fuel? I have ridden the sled about 2-3 miles since the bogging started, so I hope no major damage has occurred. Ive seen sleds pulled out of ponds and start right back up. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Add some iso to it and run it. I highly doubt much damage if any has been done.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
red bottles of heet

·
Registered
700 Posts
Running water in the gas causes a lean condition. I personaly have burned up a piston because of it. Usually it just burns it up a little but if it runs that way for a while obvously it will do damage. Drain the carb sediment tubes and put some of the red bottle iso in there. Then fill up the tank with some good gas. If it is bogging already it wouldnt hurt to look at your plugs, the piston top (pitting?) and check compression.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Go to the gas station and buy a red bottle of HEET, it is isoproponol.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The yellow is for 4 strokers only put red in your 2 smoker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts