Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've watter skipped in my field but now I'm entering a distance contest. Does anyone in here have a suggestion for how I should prep my sled? Simple mods or anything like it, I would appreciate it if you posted it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How deep is the water going to be? If it is deep then you should take off your seat and rig a bouy system on it. As for running on water just keep it balanced and dont give it too much gas, if you get the skis too high you can sink a machine under full power.

We do skipping quite a bit in the spring its not hard just make sure that you test your machine for leaks that might get water on the clutch. I have found that Polaris is the best for running on the water, I went over 140 feet on my 2000 SCSP 500 with the stock track. I had to get off the gas about 2/3 the way across, I did hit the water going around 80. [}:)]

Good luck in the contest.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Protect the clutch from water .. Use some silicone and cover your seams. Use a hose and spray the front and ski well area. I've sometimes duct taped my lower vents on that side.
Seats never dry...
How deep is a good point. They might make you run a rope and a bottle to mark the sled.
Can't help with setup much.. I run what I have, key is to stay smooth. ususally anything over 40 will keep you going.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I live in Michigan near Cadillac, and we have a channel between Lake Cadillac and Mitchell that does not freeze over and its almost 1/3 a mile long. I've seen guys with 440's take the whole channel and i have seen people with 800's sink in within 100' It's all weight vs power. Just dont let the DNR cathch you under water or its a $250 fine for polution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts