Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI:

World Championship Snowmobile Watercross

Grantsburg, Wisconsin

Friday, Saturday, Sunday- July 18, 19, 20, 2003

http://www.burnettcounty.com/h2ocross/

For those who would like to remember that 2-stroke smell, there will be Watercross racing this weekend, along with a streetdance/party and fireworks later at night:

I'll be there watching, and I'll get a few short video clips of it and post them for all you Fanatics.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
sounds cool, wish i lived closer..

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
we will be going to the fireworks, they always put on a huge show. its only fifteen minutes from home but we can never make it during the day to watch the skips,

riley raced there before, he has a lot of neat storys of how they started water cross in some areas, the first guy to pull a skier, maybe in a couple years he can help me build a water machine!!! it must be nice to be old, and see how far your sports have come. lol

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some pics I got from Saturdays' race:

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/megamanpic1.jpg
Looks like fun.

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/megamanpic2.jpg
This guy totally biffed it directly in front of us. The machine went one way, and the rider went another...LOL! It was the best wipeout of the day!

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/megamanpic3.jpg
This rider narrowly escaped going under. Very lucky!

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/megamanpic4.jpg
A modded REV Summit does awesome on water. Here he corners on a 4-lap oval race.

I've got some vids too that i might show.
Why do my pics have a white border? I need a better editor.

Enjoy.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I fixed them for ya

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
that was the first time i say sleds jump off a ramp onto water and keep going. the fire works were a good show as always.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
very cool pics..

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
What does the DNR think of the Watercross events? Do they need a special permit from them to be able to run it on a lake like that? Cool pics though.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
that looks 2 me like a private lake such as used in slalom skiing competitions and wakeboard stuff......

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's held on Memory Lake, which to me looks more like a pond. I think it is privately owned, not sure though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts