Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys should post all your water skipping pics in here. lets see what you got!
/snofan/../images/users/377safari/Dave waterskipping pic small.jpg
This is my brother dave also known as xtremepolaris2
/snofan/../images/users/377safari/Scott skippin pic small.jpg
this is me

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
right now I'm on the lookout for a good place to skip, but the ice is still quite thick and no open water

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I posted some pics here

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/polarisman/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6243

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Where on head lake is that?? Is that by the creek infront of the ampli-theater. Or under the bridge?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Here ya go 650Indy...man you must have been mov'in....lol.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/watercross1_2.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whats the slowest sled you've (anybody) taken over a decent amount of open water????

Just wondering how my 377 safari would do. it doesn't have much top end but it can still pick the up skis off the ground in good conditions.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hahaha, Nice 500fas.. Although I can not take credit for that one.. I was the photographer.. Could have used your skills to that day.. there was a goose/duck in the water there that almost got hit by a sled, must have been only inches.. but my photography skills failed me.. and I never got the shot.. ! I have another pic of a phazer running that same strech I just can't find it..

I watched an olympic run water once too or try rather.. what a sight.. But nothing stranger than seeing the dirtbikes run the water...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Water cross, what a blast, they just made it against the law here in Maine. We have a spot with about 50 or so yds of open water then under a 10ft wide bridge then another 75 yds or so of open water. Draws quite a crowd some weekends, every ounce in awhile someone sinks it. Depending on how far you have to cross you don't have to be going that fast. I've crossed 50 or so yds doing 35mph, the bigest problem is splashing water into the intake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts