Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well were finally done with our watercross season here in NY. I ended up with a second in stock semi pro drags, and a third in semi pro 700 and 800 ovals. Not bad for my first season as an independent.

If anyone is interested in trying watercross we still have on more race in NH that anyone can bring their sled out and compeet. If your interested check out www.nhgrassdrags.com for the details.

If there are any questions about what you need to race just leave a reply.[}:)]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am interested in what you did to set up your rear suspension. I had it solid, I moved it around in the tunnel, I added a shock in the front a arm, and it works but it bounces like a boat trimmed too high. It wheelies, starts to plane out, the skiis touch scrubbing speed off, then backshifts, wheelies etc. It will do this the whole time its out. No matter where I put my weight on it. Seems to like to launch from shore with me sitting on the tank, and builds speed when you move back but still have some bugs. Sled is a TXL with a 650 polaris triple, blue polaris secondary spring, 34 helix, weights shaved to allow aggressive midrange, a gold almond primary spring and 19 35 gearing. Have tried multi angle helixes, shorter gearing etc. stock 10al weights but this works the best. I think my problem is in the rear skid. By the way it is in the tunnel as low as it can go. This is my 5th year with it.

thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know exactly what your problem is. What you need to do is take the front shock out of your rear suspension, take the spring off and put a spacer (aluminum, steel, pvc what ever you have that will fit around the body of the shock and hold the spring up) at least 1" to 1 3/4" under the spring. Leave your limiter straps in the stock location. When you are watercrossing is is better to use nitrogen shocks like fox shocks. If you are still using an oil shock I would consider a fox shock with a 1 inch spacer under the spring. When you put the spacer under the spring becareful because there will be a ton of tension on the spring when compressing it. This should be the solution to your problem. Let me know if it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts