Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its official....time to begin gettin the sled ready to battle the elements (if we actually get any this year). washed waxed the exterior painted surfaces, armor-alled the plastic stuff, and belly-pan. Detailed the engine compartment and pretty much put it to show-room condition. Whats a sled-head to do in the middle of summer
im gettin bored so here comes 144 gold digger studs and if money permits a clutch kit. im thinkin that i will have to go with erlandson or hot seat performance kits, but it all depends on if they have a kit designed for the Triumph. Im just rambleing on and on and on and on and on....since i got the sled out and cleaned it, i now have the snowmobile itch. So i will leave you all be for now...but beware the Triumph is back cleaner and stronger than ever

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I got the sled out today and dusted it off, I have some work planned for this summer.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Talking to buddy on the weekend and oneof his buddies worked in a sled dealership. According to buddy, using Pledge furniture spray or I suppose any other furniture spray, is all the use at the dealers to give it that showroom look. I know my buddy's always looks like showroom, I just thought he cleaned it alot. Try it.....you'll like it.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hmmm.....I might have to give that one a shot.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have a tip for sled storage, i kinda learned from storing my classic cars, i get this stuff called rubber renewer, and its great for vinyl seats, and your tracks, i just spray it on, its just sillicone, thats smells good, well its great for weatherstriping on cars and tires and vinyl seats so i figured it would be great for the sled too! so i put a good coat down on the seat to keep it soft so its less apt to tear, it worked great! then i thought this stuff would be great for the track also so i did it , jacked up the sled and started it and sprayed away top and bottom inside and out, its great the track is now protected from drying out and getting brittle, you can find this stuff at most car detailer suppliers it only runs about 15 bucks a gallon and it goes a long way, if your into keeping your sled top notch give this a try, it works!

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
hmm, maybe i use my nice citrus smelling pledge, make my sled smell nice, maybe pick up some chicks that way.....ooops i forgot, i cant do that anymore, oh well i can still look

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
lol! There's nothing wrong with window shopping, as long as you don't "touch the merchandice".

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i used the pledge the other day, works pretty good, nice and shiny :D made my garage smell citrusy too.....lol

When's Winter Coming Back?​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts