Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/file.asp?id=15332&user=11947

We finally got some time to do the jump so heres some pics of sks-rider. We don't have pics of Arcticcat1 and me up because of battery trouble but we will soon. enjoy
[attachment=59048]
[attachment=59050]
[attachment=59051]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have some pics that I took out of the vids we have. Maybe I'll whip up a quick video of the jump. A lot of work yet needs to be done we found out after hitting it.

[attachment=59064]
Me^^
[attachment=59065]
David^^
[attachment=59067]
Jesse^^
[attachment=59066]
Jesse Falling off^^

What do you think of the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Nice pics!!

that last one looks like it might of hurt a little. haha
now you just gotta start with the freestyle tricks.[;)]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
nice pics looks like you all had some fun. nice ramp i wish i had more snow enough to make a ramp up at the buddy's house. lucky you, lol

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
looks like you are all coming off the jump angled to the right. is the jump face square? also looks like you can extend it longer since there is room. [:D]. but nice pics hopefully I will get some pics of me and the buds jumping.

cheers

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatinc
[br]Nice pics!!

that last one looks like it might of hurt a little. haha
now you just gotta start with the freestyle tricks.[;)]
Nope it really didnt hurt I guess. That was the first time I hit it and the sled went at a angle and when I fell off it straightened itself out.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thats pretty wicked makes me wanna build one really bad id have to fill a few pickup's with snow from peoples yard to have enough haha

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
as i learned this weekend when me and my buddy were filming that jumping isn't always that easy. b4 i would get liek 3 to 4 feet of air off a cornice but i decided that if i was gonna look half ass decent in our film i had to suck it up and giver. when u start getting good hang time its hard to keep upright when jumping higher up and and going on an angle. even worse was that i was doing this on an apex.

bravo to you guys for going and building a jump. i guess im to lazy cus i jsut go out to the valleys and find cornices lol

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
lol jsut watched your vid and heres a tip from a guy who is also learning to jump and that is to touch ur brake a little

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
We definately wanna get bigger air then that! We were planning on more hang time but didn't happen. Heres a list of things we are going to do on wendsday.

1. Take the haybail out of the middle.
2. Take all the leftover snow from the sides and crap to make the jump a lot wider.
3. Make the lip better.
4. Demolish the landing and move the snow back further and make the landing not as steep.

Then we should be good to go to get more hang time.

Heres a couple things we did wrong.

The jump was really skinny so it was hard to keep the skis perfect when going up the jump (That kind of explains why jesse fell off because his ski went off to the side) The lip needed to be more in a angle. The landing was kind of steep also.

Will probabily have another vid and pics next weekend.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
That last one looked like he wont be able to sit for a week!!!! Looks like a lot if fun though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would lengthen the jump a little. It looks like you landing in the flats. Also, just after you come off the lip, touch the brake. That will slow the track and pitch the front down a little and you won't be landing on the back of the track. You want to land with all the suspension points at the same time (track, skis). Soon enough your jumps will be smooth and arching like the PRO's.

I know that it sounds easier then it looks and I give you guys BIG PROPS for doing it! Send us some more pics and vids as you progress.

L8TR, Sofa

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Good start guys! A little more work, and you will have a great jump setup.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice work, i guess you didnt read my post in your original thread about changing the lip and raking out the landing. I guess my predictions turned out to be right on haha!

Another tip is to start off closer to the jump itself, the father back you start the more likely it is that you will come in off line. You should be able to start about 30ft away from it and just roll on the throttle. Also as i said in the last thread with a steeper lip you will need even less speed.
Have fun

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.