Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks coooool. 500+ hp and torque. No one can drive it though. I couldnt if I wanted to. my shin hits the molding before I can push the cluth all the way in.

we also have some srt-4's coming in, turbo neons that do 0-60 in 5.4 sec. not bad for a car under 20 grand.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Man id want to test drive it, but then again after looking at the price tag of the viper id probley be scared to drive it to..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
at the speedshop im pretty much workn at, theres a viper, i guess its been an ongoing project, he wants to make it a roadracer, so its been torn apart to make lighter and faster, but for now its just sittn in the corner.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man, he must have high expectations. the thing is a road racer out of the box. for 125 grand he can buy the racer version, but it is not street legal. we have a corvet also but the thrill just isnt the same,

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
the thrill of a corvette just isn't the same? I will go for a covette over a viper just cause the heritage. I have a video of a corvette and viper racing from car and driver or something and it is very close, the viper gets to 60mpg less than a half second faster and the corvette has a higher top speed. vette- 45,000 viper- 80,000. I would take 2 vettes, especially a 69 big block convertable.. can't even find a 69 viper. LOL. Don't get me wrong here, a viper is a nice a$$ car but I would just prefer a Corvette.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they also have an srt-10 viper pickup. with a top speed close to the car, the car is suppose to be close to 160 out of the box.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Trust me a corvette is more than enough for the everyday driver.
Here is my 95 (sold last year)

/polarisman/../images/users/DarkStar/Corvette1.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/DarkStar/Corvette2.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/DarkStar/Corvette3.jpg

The car scared me more than one time...

·
Registered
4,322 Posts

SpecificationsTwo-seats, V-10 engine, 90 degree V-type 8.3 liter (505 cubic inch)
Horsepower: 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5,600 rpm
Torque: 525 lb.-ft. (678 Nom)@ 4,200 rpm

Manual, six-speed transmission with Hurst shifter mechanism and linkage

Wheelbase: 120.5
Box Length: 6'3"
Track, Front: 68.5
Track, Rear: 67.9
Overall Length: 203.1
Overall Width: 79.9
Overall Height: 74.4
Fuel Tank Capacity: 26 gal
Curb Weight (estimated): 5,000 lbs.

Tires: Pirelli Scorpion Zero 305/40 YR 22
Wheels: Forged aluminium "Viper-style" 22 x 10 inch

Performance (estimated)0-60 mph 5.2 sec.; 0-80 mph 8.4 sec.
Standing quarter mile 13.8 sec. @106 mph
Top Speed 150 mph

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Very impressive #'s for a pickup truck. I think the styling is something to be desired. It looks as though all the proportions are over-exagerated in every dimension of it's components: wheels, spoiler, HUGE front facia. I looks sporty, but i personally don't like the look of it.....although, the black one isn't too bad.

Wouldn't a 500 HP truck be better off pulling a big trailer? Funny how the biggest engine is in a truck with the smallest towing capacity...LOL! Correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Anyone notice how F-ing long that shifter is? Must have about 6" throw between gears. So much for shifting fast. I bet you'll break it pretty quick.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah i noticed that too.ill take the short throw of my neon anyday. and for an update on my neon. i found a motor for it. DOHC 2.4 liter from an avenger i believe anywho its a direct bolt in [:D]

·
Registered
352 Posts
i think they should have thrown that engine in there Dakota instead of the Ram >:D hehehehe

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
WOW! thats one nice looking ride, wouldnt mind taking a test ride in one of those! I de have to pay for some new tires though, lol[:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts