Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about a stator on a rotax 500. My problem is a very weak spark, which leads to hard starting. Everything has been gone over. I noticed the 3 small coils on the stator that control ignition spark look slightly overheated. The biege insulation looks like it might have been really hot at some time as its seems burned from the inside. Would this be a bad stator, even though it is still producing a spark. Thanks for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
ya it does sound like a bad stator if u check over eveyrthing else and noticed how the coils have over heated a bit...stators arnt that expensive are they??

Duct tape the only real solution
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top