Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as the storm for the end of this week and into the weekend is concerned, it does look to bring some pretty heavy snow to sections of the Midwest, but as is the case with a storm still 5-6 days away, the exact track is still up for grabs. At this point, the general idea for the low is to swing it northeast from OK, across MO, northeast IL and into central or southeast MI. This track would put the heaviest snow down across eastern IA, central and northeast WI, the eastern UP and northwest lower MI. At this point, the storm looks to bring cat 4 snows to these areas, with totals in the 5-10" range inside this heaviest snow band, but I would not be surprised to see some cat 5 conditions occur in spots, with totals of 12"+.

/polarisman/../images/users/bobinwi/5-10snow.gif
god i hope this happens

·
Registered
699 Posts
were did you find that out? hope its true god i hope its tru just filled up gas tank and oil tank and there is no snow hardley around here but the way the map looks i will be able to use the gas and oil

·
Registered
699 Posts
this is were i live and hopefully the lake affect will help me out
/snofan/../images/users/exciter_man/5-10snow.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
PPPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE, for once let the weather people be right! PLEASE!!!! It is too soon to start thinking about mountain biking. It would be nice to take my daughters out at least once this season.

Mark

·
Registered
370 Posts
I drove through Pembine, near Iron Mountain, MI and Crivitz WI, there was snow. Also grass and dirt. Dirt a at interesections. So get some more snow might not be to bad. Depends how far you have to travel and what your standards are.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Crap! This has been the story of snow in Wisconsin 2003. Looks like that lovely storm that was to have tracked through my backyard is now predicted to track South once more. Maybe the forecasters will be wrong on the following storm. There is a system that is supposed to bring snow middle of next week and also track South. Let's hope they are wrong and it dumps a foot on MN, WI, and MI.

Wishfull thinking. Wore out a pair of shoes from all the snowdancing. Oh Well!! Not giving up until April.

Mark[xx(]

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I drove through Pembine, near Iron Mountain, MI and Crivitz WI, there was snow. Also grass and dirt. Dirt a at interesections. So get some more snow might not be to bad. Depends how far you have to travel and what your standards are.

really i have a cabin up in pembine...to bad the old farts who partially own it with my dad closed it for the winter!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts