Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sabercat 500 wit ha 128" track. I plan to do some occasional powder riding. Nothing like hills or anything but just like fields.

What could i do to make it float better without spending more than $200?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Setup the suspension for powder riding. Let out the limiter strap, not too much preload on front shocks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tracksusa.com has 136" extension kits. Dunno the price for yours but its like 236 for me. Thats after a 30 dollar charge if you dont buy a track from them which is kinda lame. But I'll take the 30 bucks to save the 250 going ebay for one.

But then of course you gotta still buy a track for another 2 hunda. So that kinda defeats the purpose of nothing over 200 doesnt it[:I]

Just food for thought I guess.

·
Registered
963 Posts
the extension kit will be over 200 so i would do what offshore said and maybe a skid plate. i know that it wouldn't do much but it will cut out some drag. otherwise there isn't anything else i can think of. unless you find an old pair of powder pro's for two hundred.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
there is no extention kit offered for the sabercat firecat or sno pro anymore you would have to buy it used! Its tough ive been trying to find one, and it would be a 144 or 151inch conversion kit also would cost way over 200 witha track! a nice set of used c&a pros or powder pro skis would help keep the front up and not cost to much.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
and how deep does the powder get in the fields in your area?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
For 200? Spend only that much on groceries for the next month and a half. You'll shed alot of weight, mind you not off your sled but for 200 you wont get much anyways. You might beable to buy some sticks and duct tape and an old bed sheat to make a hood out of, But I wouldn't recomend it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by mackinsaw
[br]For 200? Spend only that much on groceries for the next month and a half. You'll shed alot of weight, mind you not off your sled but for 200 you wont get much anyways. You might beable to buy some sticks and duct tape and an old bed sheat to make a hood out of, But I wouldn't recomend it.
*notarizes*

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
a nice set of used skies. a newer set of skies from poo or doo race sleds would work.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Typical, CYI's come into a thread and throw out some BS post! I guess that while sabercat is at it he could just take the motor out too, that should save some weight.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Originally posted by rev500ss
[br]
Typical, CYI's come into a thread and throw out some BS post! I guess that while sabercat is at it he could just take the motor out too, that should save some weight.

Why, thats a bad idea?! Just tow it to the top of the hill and coast down it. Thats about all I can do with my sled right about now.

Why does a joke coming from someone under the age of 17 have to be CYI? What happened to having and fun and joking around on the forum like it used to be when I joined? Now I make a joke for the heck of it and get called on being stupid because I'm young (CYI). I miss the old days when the younger people were more mature and everyone was less of a tightass, so we could carry out a joke.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
want to post a joke, try following your joke with a Hahaha or LOL or j/k. then maybe, just maybe people wouldn't get the impression that your a smart ass.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Does polarisman ever follow up a joke with haha, LOL, J/K?? Because people get pissed off with the whole "use proper grammer, this is not a chat room, internet slang" thing, and makes us look even MORE immature. The younguns just CANNOT win on this site. I try damn hard to act mature, because back when I first joined (had an account before this for almost a full year) there was VERY few people on here under 17, because we wouldn't last to long if immature. But that was long before even you were a member rev.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Well if you wanna really make it better in deep snow i would sugest some slp powder pro's you can usally find used ones around and they will greatly help in pow and on the trail!!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Last time I looked p-man, didn't have to follow up with hahaha, lol, j/k. most people know when he is joking, and most people know when he is being serious. you on the other hand regardless of how much longer you've been a member are still arrogant, if it wasn't the case, you would have shrugged it off and went on with life, instead you'd rather argue. like you said it's a forum, why would you care what other's think of you? it's not like your in school trying to impress your buddy's! I was merely stating that the above post was perceived as useless to what he was asking for. Is it my fault you typed your post in such a way that it was perceived as a smart ass remark?

anyways back on topic: a used set of powder pro's or loosening your limiter strap's a little will take pressure off the front end. both should help with getting your sled to float more.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]Well if you wanna really make it better in deep snow i would sugest some slp powder pro's you can usally find used ones around and they will greatly help in pow and on the trail!!
I agree floatation can be as benfical as low weight on sled. If anything a deeper lug track would work as well along with a porting job on the track to get rid of some rotating mass. Most importantly clutch it to really open her up.

Guys lets try to take the beef up in a PM so we can keep this thread clean.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by xtralettucetomatoe580
[br]
[br]Well if you wanna really make it better in deep snow i would sugest some slp powder pro's you can usally find used ones around and they will greatly help in pow and on the trail!!
I agree floatation can be as benfical as low weight on sled. If anything a deeper lug track would work as well along with a porting job on the track to get rid of some rotating mass. Most importantly clutch it to really open her up.

Guys lets try to take the beef up in a PM so we can keep this thread clean.
I figured for 200 skis would be the best improvment, but if your looking so spend some well spent money i would recomned a snopro 1.38 somthing track, some clutching and some powder pro's your think it is a difrent sled! track porting seem to be a good idea but iam really really hard on my **** and i figure if i do that il rip mine in half. if you really wanna go all out go with some fox floats, a lexon hood and some other light weight gear!

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
I figured for 200 skis would be the best improvment, but if your looking so spend some well spent money i would recomned a snopro 1.38 somthing track,
Just so you know, a SnoPro track is a 1 3/8" lug, which comes out to 1.375"...just for the record. [;)][:I]

As far as the rest of the topic goes...
...that's about all I have to say. [;)][8)]

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
I figured for 200 skis would be the best improvment, but if your looking so spend some well spent money i would recomned a snopro 1.38 somthing track,
Just so you know, a SnoPro track is a 1 3/8" lug, which comes out to 1.375"...just for the record. [;)][:I]
Thaks for clearing that up[:p], i never new the exact height liek i said but i was close![:D] also a good mod is bar risers, u can usally find a set of bars and risers of a sled floating around on the sites cheap

1 - 20 of 26 Posts