Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys first poster here.. [:I]

I have a 1996 Indy 440 Sport that I got for $200 from a friend of a friend. Anyways everything on the sled is pretty nice, especially the engine- but it didn't come with a primary clutch. It apparently went out and his father threw it away without taking out the spring or weights which kinda sucks. Anyways I purchased the polaris primary clutch body and helix off ebay and received it- and it's pretty nice with very few miles on it- however it didn't come with spring or weights. I ordered the stock brown spring for $30 but couldn't muster up the balls to drop $20 per weight at the dealership. I asked the guy what the stock weight was recommended for my sled and he said 51 grams. So I got looking on Ebay and found some 10m's (which apparently weight 49.5 grams?) for $13 shipped for all three weights. I ordered them and they're on the way. So my first question is this: what will that 1.5 gram difference do for my engagement, speed, takeoff and such?

thanks alot

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Just slightly higher engagment, but you'll see just a few more RPM's on Max RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts