Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a link for an XCR 440 i saw on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.ca/1999-POLARIS-440-XCR-SP-RED-SNOWMOBILE_W0QQitemZ230075052528QQihZ013QQcategoryZ42597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
i didnt no they made XCR's like this.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
????

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
sure enough they made a gen2 version in 99 and a racer edge. If I remember right the gen 2 had mikuni rounds and the edge had the tmx flats..Many other diffs. as well.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya cuz ive only seen the 99's in the gen2's never the edge

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
They were the first edge sled that came out of the Polaris Factory.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yes they are nice sleds! Very finky tho. They were the sno-cross sled for 99. Only the racers could get them. The GenII style was the consumer sled.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Lots of issues with those. Most would develop numerous chassis cracks and the motors were high reving and finicky.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
When I was looking for a new sled last year, Bristows in St. Cloud, MN had 2 of those in mint condition for $2750 each. When I went up there to look at them the next day they had both of them sold. I was mad at the time but hey look, I got an even better sled for the same price so I'm happy that I didn't have a chance to buy one of them.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i always loved those xcrs

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Another nice classic racing sled in mint condition. Hopefully it stays that way and some kid doesnt get it and beat the hell out of it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My uncle used to have one, now my cousins boyfriends uncle has it. Fast as hell, but parts are expensive. I tried to buy it from its current owner but he dosnt want to part with it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
i just bought one a month ago, need some love, but the engine pulls over at 150 PSI each side. i had a 2000 and the bulk head cracked all to hell, my 99 is good to go. gunna be the wifes sled. the coolest part is the rear shock. clicker coil over with a 5/8"shaft. BEEEFFYY oh yeah i paid 200 to get it outa the impound lot, the owner had abandoned it... his loss my new toy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts