Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Comp3]Can get the pics to load on here but check this add out and if anyone can tell me why the sled is set up this way.[headscratch]

Just copy and past the link.
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/rvs/1785820762.html

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I saw this last night and had to do a double take, but it is normal. The pictures are just a mirror reflection. If you look at each picture, words are mirrored. Look at "polaris" on the nose cone, and at "XLT" on the cylinder head. This is an ordinary sled, it is not set up all goofy like the pictures show.

However, I highly suspect the sled has been in a crash before. Nose cone doesn't match the hood. The "Indy" decal on the hood appears to be red (should be purple for an xlt). The front bumper has no plastic end cap trim pieces, and there is no windshield. Price is too high for summer anyways, especially since it doesn't say how many miles are on it

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Who knows, the ad poster isn't too tach savvy though, his pictures suck! could be a setting on the camera that mirrors them, or editing software on the computer. Back at high school, the year book team frequently published mirrored pictures into the yearbook.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanxs for clearing all that up. I was a little confused. Wasn't planning on buying the sled, was just looking because i was bored. I live in green bay wisconsin and would never drive that far for a sled like that. But thanks for looking out.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Here's the pics turned the right way...

2010612155430984_18890.jpg 2010612155431671_18890.jpg 2010612155432640_18890.jpg

I agree, the sled was wrecked, and I dunno if I'd believe the fresh rebuilt either.. Also needs a seat cover.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
you can edit a photo and flip it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
evidently

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i think the guy did it as a joke, have the hwole hting reversed, someone with modereate fabrication skills could easily do that, the engine would be the hardesting thing to make reveresed, it may just be a picture editing joke or it may be the real deal, e-mail him and ask him, that kinda makes me want to do it

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
someone with modereate fabrication skills could easily do that, the engine would be the hardesting thing to make reveresed, ........... that kinda makes me want to do it
Wow, I want some of what you're smoking, to even entertain the thought that might be real and possible to do, let alone easy..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
this is nothing compared 2 some of the stuff i have seen people do not just to sleds but anything

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Have at it... [thumb]

When you hit 1,000 hours and give up, let us know how far you got.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That Sled has been listed several times. I see it regularly on craigslist as I live in minneapolis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts