Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of might know, I'm purchasing an 04 800 RMK....So I have been in the field(military) for the last three weeks, got home last night[:D] So I call the dealer today to let him know I'm heading his way(75 miles one way) to pick up my sleds. Well I had the XC down there getting a tune-up for the guy who is gonna buy it... So anyway somewhere in are chat on the phone he assumes I'm only coming for the XC, not the RMK. Well I get down there and much to my suprise the RMK is still in the crate[:0] So now I'm thoroughly bummed[:(] So he says he'll throw in a cover for free for the hassle, and offers to let me go over to his old shop and bust the crate on the new RMK! So it turned out ok, got to break the crate, put her together, pre-mix the first tank, fire her up for the fist time and ride it off the crate to the ready line!! Kind of made up for the mis-understanding, it was a first for me. So he still has to clutch and jet the sled, and finish with the set-up before I can pick it up. On the plus side though, he just moved down the road to a WAY bigger shop and is having his grand opening on the 18th, so I'll wait tell then as it will give me an excuse to go and drink his free beer...oh and enter to win a free sled also.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
75 miles is wuite the the ride. Sounds like you got the better half, and free beer with a chance to win a sled is always good.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was just kind of frustrating, been in the middle of nowhere for 3 weeks....all I could think about was my new sled, then finally after what seemed like an eternity I get to go and pick it.....and get shot down, oh well like you said alway got to look at the positives!!! FREE BEER and cover!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Congrats on tearing open the sled. Hopefully she will be ready to go next time.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Erick, next time there will be no confusion on what my intentions will be.....even if that means spelling it out!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
BTW, why did you decide on the polaris? I thought you were thinking of going with something else for a while or was that someone else?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I was debating between the RMK and the 9001m, it boiled down to the incentives and the dealer. Same dealer sold both, but this is only his second season with AC...he said after this year he might discontinue selling them, and he is the only guy I will see around here. Like I said above, it's 150 miles round trip to his place but only 40 to the other four dealers around here but they all suck! Also saved 1000 dollars over the 1m, cuz of repeat buyer and AC just doesn't offer the incentives ie 2 year warrenty, accessory money and so on. Just felt my money went farther with the RMK, still love the 1m...but came down to bang for the buck I guess!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Anticipation is 1/2 the fun. Waiting sucks. You will enjoy the second trip I'm sure.

I ordered my last truck from the dealer. When he called me to tell me it had arrived I went right down to the bank and got the check. When I went to the dealer they told me that they couldn't finalize the deal and give me the truck until the salesman got back from a three day road trip. I was bummed to say the least. I asked what the heck this was about. They said that the commission goes to the guy who hands you the keys, regardless of who filled out the paperwork and got your order deposit. I went to the manager with my $23,000 check and said give me my truck or I am going to tear this up before your eyes. I got my truck, a full tank of gas, a handshake and an appology for the misunderstanding. Unfortunately there was ne beer. At least you will get your sled and beer!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br] I went to the manager with my $23,000 check and said give me my truck or I am going to tear this up before your eyes.
That will get their asses in gear alright, money talks, and b.s. walks.
Nice Offshore24.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More great news....well now the little fag who was supposed to buy my XC decided to backout! No reason given, I emailed him saying he could come over and give the sled a look over and pick it up whenever he wanted now that I'm home. So he sends a reply that says, " I can't buy your sled now, sorry for any troubles this may have caused you". WTF a-hole, I have been holding this sled for him for over three weeks and have had 3 or 4 other offers!!!! This week just keeps getting better! Oh well it's still early in the season yet!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
You shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of the XC,
Looks like the Summit & Glenn Allen area are going to get snow in the next week or so. Hopefully enough to go riding by the end of the month. You couldn't go wrong with either the RMK or the 1M Dialed in they both work great. Looking forward to hooking up for a ride sometime this winter.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well better news, have a couple coming to look at the XC this evening! TCMC, high hopes for riding soon here also. Yeah figured I couldn't go wrong either way, dealer is what sold me on the RMK! Definetly looking forward for a ride somewhere this year with you guys.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I bet opening that crate to your new sled was like opening the biggest birthday present ever... Musta been great, even though you couldn't bring it home.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it was awsome!! Better than any b-day or x-mas gift I ever opened! It was also pretty cool to mix the first tank and fire it up for the first time(since factory) and get the first ride......

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i feel ya AG, my dealer is about 60 miles away, 2 hours round trip, so it is a pain running back and forth...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i wish my dealer was only a 2 hour round trip. ours is about 2 hours each way. there is another one 30 minutes away but when u order a set of carbide runners and they dont order them, u call up a week later...opps sorry sir we didnt order them. when they finaly did order them they were wrong. TWICE! so its worth it to go 4 hour round trip to get good service with friedly people that actuly know what there talking about

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
AKGold,
What color scheme did you get.
I ride with a guy who has an 800 with the 151 all he did was add a can and do some clutching and the thing really gets with it. Your really gonna like the the new sled, can't wait to see it one of these days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts