Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, as we all know, its been warm and the snows melting. and not enoguh to ride sled. so i did some work to my wheeler, and put ski's on the front, the thing looks great, heres some pics,

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
sweet, where u get them shocks from ont he front?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were off my 1980 cr250, they shot for jumpin on a mx bike, i got new ones forthe bike, and these jsut laying around, so i threw em on to keep the skis goin over bumps liek a sled. o it also took me 10 hours from start to finish to make these skis fit on there.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Heh, heh, thats pretty cool. Now just get a set of those tracks to replace the back wheels. How's she handle anyways?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i jsut got back from testing it some more, its handles [prety good, but get squirly on the hard snow thats out there, u catch a track from a sled and go all over the place, but its pretty cool. i like it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya man, that's lots of snow for rideing a sled as far as I'm concerned, still tho, now U're ready

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i gettin a lotta stuff on the snow,lol well i parked it in the biggest drift i could find in my yard last night, anywhere else you can see grass, theres about an inch where its open and its hard as a rock, so these work pretty slick

·
Registered
76 Posts
yeah...i dont quite think riding u[ here now would go over to well, we got about 1/2 inch of snow in the ditches, and about 0 to 1/4 in the fields so...but we gotta get some sooner or later.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, i was out screwin aorund, and well i bent my one ski. take a look

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Lol, bent a ski. I was going to say, a good way to get traction is to let some air out fo the tires, cut some old snowmobile tracks around the tires, tie them with a wire then inflate the tires again to hold the tracks in place. You would be surprised with the amount of tarction you get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts