Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:p]Well summers coming to a close end..soon the leaves will change....Lets hear some predictions for snowfall this winter in the great lakes area...it sure cant be any worse ten it was in my area..trails opened for 2 days then the spring thaw came..coulda hung myself....sled was waxwd about 30 times last season!!!!!below is that joe dude's prediction...hope it snows like hell.need payback for last year!!!

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/34891/winter-2011-heavier-snow-for-c.asp

·
Registered
863 Posts
hopefully good ! i think everyone on hear is hoping the same lol

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hmmm. What does he mean by the "The Canadian winter will be as harsh as last year's was gentle." I cannot tell if thats good or bad!?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but winter was plenty harsh in my neck of the woods (South Saskatchewan). I came back from a trip to Cooke City last year to three feet of powder in one snowfall (Regina region got hammered). If we get more snow than last year, it will be awesome.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
We've had 1 good year of snow in the last 4. Another bad winter will drive the price of sleds down even further..

·
Registered
463 Posts
the great lakes themselves are extremely warm right now due to all this crazy heat! wich means when winter comes and all that cold air mixes with the high water temps. it will be lake-effect a-plenty!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
danoxcr600 said:
the great lakes themselves are extremely warm right now due to all this crazy heat! wich means when winter comes and all that cold air mixes with the high water temps. it will be lake-effect a-plenty!
I sure hope so!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I cant complain about last season except for the sled motor failing in march.
Southern Ontario had it bad but central and northern did manage a good winter.

I hope we all get a good season in of riding!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sledman74 said:
I cant complain about last season except for the sled motor failing in march.
Southern Ontario had it bad but central and northern did manage a good winter.

I hope we all get a good season in of riding!
I can complain about last season... IT SUCKED! I only put on around 400 miles! I hope things are much better this year!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I hope it's like last year where i live in mn it was great fast ride was dec. 9 hoping to come early this year to.[;)]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
last tear we rode around dec 7th,, weve had an unreal amount of rain this summer, i just hope this rain carries over to the winter months, it would be amazing to have a mountain ride in appleton wi [thumb]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
bj.hardy said:
last tear we rode around dec 7th,, weve had an unreal amount of rain this summer, i just hope this rain carries over to the winter months, it would be amazing to have a mountain ride in appleton wi [thumb]
Definitely agree! June and August thus far have been extremely wet!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
if the rain carries over to winter it will snow every 2 or 3 days here! and if an inch of rain = a foot of snow every snowfall will be at least a foot! lets all pray.[thumb]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Just think about this: depending on the conditions, each inch of rain would equal 5-8 inches of snow. Central MN got 2 3'' rainstorms (on average). You do the math.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dragon700 said:
Just think about this: depending on the conditions, each inch of rain would equal 5-8 inches of snow. Central MN got 2 3'' rainstorms (on average). You do the math.
that would be my dream come true![thumb]

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dragon700 said:
We had about 6 in. this month.[:D]

·
Registered
634 Posts
bj.hardy said:
Im with you there. i live just north of green bay and we keep getting pounded with rain.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts