Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whoever the dumbass who rebuilt the motor the last time it was rebuilt (wasnt by me) put a completly different piston in the side of the motor i was having all those problems with. from the looks of the head and the crank case that cylinder was blown up before. gouges and stuff in them. but the cylinder itself looks like new. i was out in my shed looking at it today and decided to get the numbers off the pistons and magside and middle are the same pistons and the pto side isnt nowhere near the same doesnt even look the same. what a crock. it does have wisecos in the mag and middle but looks like a OEM piston on the clutch side. so what pistons do any of you recomend as im gonna replace all three.

bobby

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Kimpex are fine for an everyday sled. Weiscos are better but need more clearance and a better warm up period each time. If moneys not a problem get original from a dealer.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well after running the wiseco piston numbers i see my sled has the big bore kit to 648 cc's and that all the pistons are wiseco mag side and middle are 2354ps wiseco pistons BUT the pto side piston is a 2122CS piston that i cannot locate. with the piston numbers from the pistons it tells me my sled is bored .110 overwhich sucks cuz for the kit of pistons and all that is more then what i paid for the sled

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I checked my Wiseco specs and found the 2354ps'. They are prolites and it says sleeves are required. Checked for the 2122's and found nothing either. The closest one 2129's which is a TX340 piston. Have you got some mics to measure them. Have you thought of just buying one 2354 kit.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i thought about buying the whole kit but its like 540 bucks thats insane

·
Registered
975 Posts
Had my wife's little 89' 400 punched(piston ceased) and little bored. Put in Wiseco pistons and rings and man o man does that thing rock. I've used nothing but and will use nothing but Wiseco. That's just my opinion. Polaris' pistons would ne nice but I was scared to even ask the price.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know if polaris makes a piston that is .110 over the factory bore

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i found the 2122 piston its from a ec 44 motor from the early 70's from a 440 what a crock but hey i traded a remote controlled car for this sled lol

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah i still got her around here locked in the closet she only comes out for my plessure LOL

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts