Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Just got back from the first ride of the year, and my first ride on my Pro X. First off, that sled kicks ass. It's awesome.

I also had the opportunity to ride an RX-1. That machine is a GREAT trail riding machine. If you want to ride groomed trails or lakes, this machine is #1. It goes like CRAZY. I was in awe at how nice it handled and how much power it had.

Here are the pics. The only good snow was on the lake, but I have some pics of the sleds sitting beside where we unloaded them, sorta on the grass. But the lake was good.

Here's my buddy's 2001 XC 500 SP with a new engine and his dad's 2003 RX-1

Here's my Pro X and my buddy's Pro X

Here's all 4 sleds sitting on the lake

Here's all 4 sleds from the rear, sitting beside where we unloaded them

Here they are from the front...

Had to do SOME jumping... Here's my buddy on his 2001 XC 500 SP gettin some decent air, considering the conditions..

Here's my other buddy on his 2003 Pro X 600.. No pics of me, I was the stupid photographer, but I jumped it a bit too.. of course [:)]

Pulled the back of a Pro X in front of the XC 500 and sprayed him good.

Cruisin along with Pro X, with a nice cloud of snow dust behind

Finally, a pic of me (yes I'm wearing a helmet) riding the RX-1.

Me on the RX-1 again

My buddy and I going for a rip with our Pro X's

My buddy crusin on the RX-1

And there we have it. Our first ride out was a lot of fun. Hopefully it snows soon, and I hope u all like the pics.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Good pics, wish I would have been there to show you all up. [;)]

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice pics!
Me and my buddy took his 97 MACH Z 800 out today that he just got, its fasssst. It looks like a summit with an inch and a half track and just can't seem to get the ski's down, which is kinda shitty for when ur racing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I wish we atleast had that much snow here in Roseau, but the snow conditions are so poor that i was able to go for a ride on my CBR.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Very cool. Glad you got to ride. We got nothing but pouring rain all Fri night, all day Sat and all Sat night. It took away all of the 4 inches of snow we got last Thurs. Nothing left but traces here and there. Lakes are now all glare ice too. Totally sucks here now. They're predicting 40's and more rain for this Fri as well.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
cool pics man i cant wait to get some snow but all that is in the forecast is rain. im ready to sell all the sleds and buy a quad.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We are all jealous. It looks like fun. I am going to try and hit the lake this weekend, but I don't have studs so it will be a bit slippery. There isn't much snow on the ice, but the ice is thick. There is snow in the forcast...I am not getting my hopes up though.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They keep saying it's "supposed" to do things, but I think all the weather ppl are stupid. Still no snow at home. Hopefully it does snow soon so I don't have to trailer back to that lake...

lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very nice pictures. I am glad that you finally found some snow. I keep hoping every day for snow too, but that is cuz I don't want to do finals... Oh well... getting to be too late for that. I think your theme song right now should be "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"... [:D]

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Nice sleds, how do you like your new sled (it looks very nice), and how do you like the RX1.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had the RX-1 up to 101 mph with lots of throttle left. The thing only has 100 miles on it, don't want it revving like crazy yet. Dealer said should keep it under 8000 until it has like 200 or 300 miles on it or something. We had it up to around 9000 a few times though. It gathers RPM's very quickly.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
nice pics, first cat studs, now an rx1, whats next??

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cat studs = Woody's.

RX1 isn't mine.

What's next is we need snow at home here.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The ice on the lake we were on was 14 inches thick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts