Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the other day I took my sled in and I found out it's totalled. There's about 4800 in damage to it. And some how I didn't notice it. I hit some bumps hard but when ever I checked it it seemed to be in straight. But the front ends tweaked and the tunnels bent along with the rotor that put a hole in the bottom of the sled.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
That's to bad! My sled is at a dealer right now getting damage estimates and I might be in the same boat as you.

·
Registered
870 Posts
killerbee52j said:
Well the other day I took my sled in and I found out it's totalled. [highlight=yellow]There's about 4800 in damage to it. And some how I didn't notice it.[/highlight=yellow] I hit some bumps hard but when ever I checked it it seemed to be in straight. But the front ends tweaked and the tunnels bent along with the rotor that put a hole in the bottom of the sled.
Didn't notice... ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
It literally takes nothing to total a snowmobile. If you have any tunnel damage or bulkhead damage the sled is totalled, no buts, ands, or ifs. Damage is a very loaded term though. A nick to the bulkhead where a bunch of aluminium was galled on a rock or something is considered damage.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Not bashing skidoo but from what I've seen/heard/read it seems that their lighter but stronger campaign was lacking on the stronger part and the chassis is not holding up like it should.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Theres to things that i can think of that could have done it. Its either the time i went into a hole at a golf course.(It was a 10 ft bowl and i launched of the one side and hit the other side. I didnt know was there.) Or it was the time that i hit a concreate culvert. But i dont know. And every time i checked it out it seemed fine and drove fine. The tunnels [email protected]# and thats almost 2000 and then all of the labor. But a good thing is is that isurance will cover it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
killerbee52j said:
Theres to things that i can think of that could have done it. Its either the time i went into a hole at a golf course.(It was a 10 ft bowl and i launched of the one side and hit the other side. I didnt know was there.) Or it was the time that i hit a concreate culvert. But i dont know. And every time i checked it out it seemed fine and drove fine. The tunnels [email protected]# and thats almost 2000 and then all of the labor. But a good thing is is that isurance will cover it.
Good to know your insurance has your back on this one[thumb]
Well, it looks like the end of the season, so you can look forward to sitting on new machine again this next season.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya ive been pircen out new machines and it makes my jaw drop. they went up about 2 grand in 3 years. but a pluse is she had 5,000miles on it. and was about time to trade in.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
killerbee52j said:
ya ive been pircen out new machines and it makes my jaw drop. they went up about 2 grand in 3 years. but a pluse is she had 5,000miles on it. and was about time to trade in.
It is insane what a new performance sled costs now. I hope they settle on the models they have out now, work the bugs out of them and bring prices down. I think it's all the R&D that sends prices out of sight. just a guess!?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was looking at the prices of some of the new 2010 polaris and I had a hard time getting my jaw to stay shut. They want more for these sleds then I paid for my brand new truck....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts