Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding for a couple hours for the fist time of the year and about after 2 hours of riding 50-70 mph the spark plug disintegrated, and low psi on clutch side, pulled the jug off and found out that there was a big gouge in the middle of the piston. What would have caused this, so when I fix it, it doesn’t happen again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Some more info will help us help you. What year, make and model of sled are we tinkering with?

Looks like a lean condition burn down. Bad fuel, crank seal failure, carb boot cracked and sucking air are a few possibilities. It's not the end of the world. Is the jug OK or did it get scored? If the jug is OK replace ALL the gaskets and seals while you have it apart and throw a set of SPI pistons in it and call it good. Go through your carb(s) and check those boots, replace if questionable.

DON'T just throw a piston at it....you will be right back here the first ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 92 440 prowler. It gas fresh gas. Jug is good, I might hone it out at work. I did notice that when I first started it up the one spark plug was wet. Not sure how to adjust it because I’ve been trying to change it with adjusting the air screw but nothing-really changed. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts