Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out to do some racing today, was suppose to go to Milan dragway but at 6am this morning it was pouring rain here at my house and down at the track, at 7:01 the race director at milan posted on their site that Sundays program was canceled due to heavy rain.....AGAIN!!!, so I back peddled and said to the wife, do you want to go to UBLY, at this point she was not up for the 2 hour drive north,(Milan is only 45-50 minutes S/W of my house) so I said well everything is loaded and I'm gonna take your sled and go run it, (she was suppose to drive it today), so up to Ubly I went to go run against the Harleys, (was Harleys VS. the World day) this was my first time running her sled on the 1/4 mile and I found out the difference of me weighing 60 or so pounds more equals out to about 2.5 tenths slower times and 3-4 MPH slower speeds, my best time for the day was a 11.02 @ 113, made 6 test runs, my final test run was the 11.02, came up against a nice harley road bike that dialed 14.00 flat, I dialed 11.02, with almost a 3 second wait I knew it was gonna be tough but I managed to catch him just before the finish line and nipped him out, on to the second round, another nice street harley but this one was a bit quicker, he dialed 13.04, I bumped up to a 11.04 dial since in the first round I ran a 11.08, I cut a great light and was pretty sure I was gonna go by this guy and get the win again, then the gremlins struck me, at around the 330ft mark my tether decided that it wanted to come unplugged and the sled went dead on me going down the track, by the time I figured out what the heck went wrong and got it plugged back in I ended up running a 21 second 1/4, what a way to go out I'm thinking as I'm coming back up the return rd, well thats racing and you win some and lose some but all in all I had a fun day even though I was there all by my self so in the end I have no pictures or vids to share, for sure I'm gonna make sure the tether is not the cause for a loss ever again though........[beatup]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Whatta pisser...

Hey, I wonder how pissed the harley guys would be if every harley got eliminated, and the finals were between the non-harleys?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I don't know how it ended as I left and there was still 3 more pairs to run off, I do know that there were a couple of cars left and 3 harleys for sure, I will find out who won once the results are posted on Ubly Dragways website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts