Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woodford, VT is the only place in vermont where the trails are still open, anywhere from 2-4 feet of snow is left on the higher elevations, and the trails going into town are pretty beat.

good riding today, the groomers were out last night and the temperature was around 30F.
now for the pics. Vehicle Motor vehicle Snow Car Snowmobile

Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Winter Tree

Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Winter Sled

Snow Snowmobile Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Winter

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Pickup truck

Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Winter sport Winter

now for pics of riding the quads around the property in hardwick, vt which is 2 hours north of woodford.
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Snow Winter Off-road vehicle

All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Trail Off-roading Soil

All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Trail Off-road vehicle

· Registered
566 Posts
thats about how it is out here snow in part and none in another glad you had fun

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe not that lucky, i think my motor is on its way out. the mag piston must have some slop in it, because when i was riding it started running on 1 cylinder and when i pulled the mag plug, the gap was closed and there was a nick in the top of the piston. i limped it back not going over 6,000 rpm. and it ran fine no strange noises or anything. i did a compression test a little while ago and got 98psi on the pto and 90psi on the mag. gonna have to rebuild it over the summer as the motor has over 7,000 good, hard miles on it.

maybe instead of rebuilding the 700 i'll just fix up my dads old 95 ZR580...or even the 93 Thundercat. [}:)]

crazyzrt- you should drive the 2 hours down to woodford and get one last ride in while the snow lasts. once youre in the mountains about 10 miles out, the trails are great!

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
easy yes, but also expensive to do. but im still not sure what wrong with it, for all i know it could be a crank or rod bearing.

when i put this engine in, it was a 1994 ZR engine and i needed to put the 2000 flywheel on it for the different ignition system to work. are the flywheels on these engines balanced to the crank on that engine? or can any flywheel from a 700 be put on it without a problem? because if its not balanced to that crank i think it couldve beat up the mag crank bearing and possibly hammered out the cases around the bearing. just a thought.
these engine are built with such precision (especially in the bottom end) that any little thing that goes wrong at 8,000 rpm will turn a 127hp engine in a grenade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.