Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Summit today, AWSOME to say the least. A lot of gray light so we didn't get to hit all the usual spots. About 20" of fresh on top of 3 or 4 feet of snow in the lower regions....Probley a good couple feet of new farther back, no pics cuz I left the digi at the house. Buddy did get some snaps on the 35mm, so after he gets back from the one hour photo I'll try and upload a few. Also got to try out the new clutch and gear set-up along with the ATACC.....all I can say is hold on!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good to hear that we are getting snow somewere in Alaska. Glad to hear that you had no real damage from your ride [:D].

I was woundering if the Gov is still giving you guys Bunny Boots or something new. I ride with Bunny Boots but if there is something out there that is better I would like to know.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the Military doesn't issue bunny boots anymore. They give us these boots that are a sorel type, supposed to be good to 100 below. I rode with them a few times last year, the black soles left marks all over my rails and running boards. It took me forever to get it all to come off, so I use the old trusty snowboard boots now. Oh by the way, I guess people have been riding Petersville. I haven't heard any specifics as to how the conditions are there though.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres some pics from the ride, busting up some cornices!

Heres me
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/RYAN 2.jpg

Buddy on the Mountain Max 600
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/D 7.jpg

RMK 700
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/MATT 3.jpg

VMAX 700
/snofan/../images/users/alaskangold/jay 2.jpg

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Sweet! I'm glad to see somebody is enjoying some snow.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice pics.

I think that Im going to head North for a day ride on the 15th after the IFSA show on the 14th, for all of you that don't live in Alaska you can see it on ESPN [:D]

·
Registered
170 Posts
cool pics! looked like a real fun!

G

·
I went riding here in Montana this week also. I went on May 10th. Snow melting fast but still pretty good up high.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
A couple of guys from the local cat shop went this weekend and had great snow.
I've got my sled torn down Gonna do some mods this summer or I would have gone.
Can't wait till next season to try out the new mods

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went snowmobiling last friday, 5/30/03 its getting kind of dangerous, In just 4 days the snow melted 5 feet up here. (UT) now all i can mostly do is hydroplane across Tony Grove Lake now.

Guess its time for just waterskippin now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts