Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brothers and I are leaving Friday night for West Yellowstone. I was wondering if any of you guys have been out that way lately. I haven't heard very much about the snow conditions out there, so I am wondering if it's decent. I don't want to drive 1500 miles to find the snow crusted and all tracked up and stuff when I could ride decent trails where I'm at... Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Looks like snow will be moving into the area tomorrow. Watch the radar and webcams to see what they're getting.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'm supposed to be out in West as I type!!! No new snow in over a week plus, my group from MN went to Wyoming instead. So I couldn't make that trip!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I have heard west is pretty beat right now. The snowies in Wyoming have been getting hammered though,some friends just came from there and it was waist deep all over.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Im in west Yellowstone right now and it sucks. Everywhere we go people have already been there and got it all tracked up. Its almost funny how packed down the snow off trail is on the way up to two top, you come to an opening and its just solid tracks. It pretty much the same around lions head too, all the good hillclimbing spots are all tracked up. We did get a little snow yesterday through today but it didn't amount to much. If you get into some trees where people haven't been its pretty good riding but thats about it. Looks like we may get a little more snow towards the weekend, but i'll be gone by then. Sorry for the bad news.[Disappointed]

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
700wildcat said:
Im in west Yellowstone right now and it sucks. Everywhere we go people have already been there and got it all tracked up. Its almost funny how packed down the snow off trail is on the way up to two top, you come to an opening and its just solid tracks. It pretty much the same around lions head too, all the good hillclimbing spots are all tracked up. We did get a little snow yesterday through today but it didn't amount to much. If you get into some trees where people haven't been its pretty good riding but thats about it. Looks like we may get a little more snow towards the weekend, but i'll be gone by then. Sorry for the bad news.[Disappointed]
Ah that sucks man. Thanks for the update though. Looks like we're going either way now, my brothers wanna go and it's too late for me to back out now. Hopefully we can find something deep, been out towards Island Park?

·
Registered
249 Posts
bigblock said:
700wildcat said:
Ah that sucks man. Thanks for the update though. Looks like we're going either way now, my brothers wanna go and it's too late for me to back out now. Hopefully we can find something deep, been out towards Island Park?
Island park would prabably be one of the better places to go. We took the black canyon trail to island park and there were a few good places off trail to ride.

I hope you find some good places. Have fun and take some pictures!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
700wildcat said:
bigblock said:
700wildcat said:
Island park would prabably be one of the better places to go. We took the black canyon trail to island park and there were a few good places off trail to ride.

I hope you find some good places. Have fun and take some pictures!
yes just got back from Island Park. Head to the west side of the resivour( off the loop trail and there is some untracked snow in the meadows and not a bad play area. North side of Mount Jefferson, (access off of Kilgore rd) good stuff, there are 3 staging areas off of kilgore,,(i forget the trail name) and all 3 will take u into a good play zone. basically you have to head to the north side of the mountains if you want some fresher stuff, not great but not bad either. Snow is really set up. hero snow, I went alot of places but could of went every where.

Still alot of fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts