Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can count me in this year. Thats not a far distance for me at all. Can someone send me a PM with the finalized date? I sometimes to forget to visit this topic. Thanks

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Lets keep it early Feb. The trails should be frozen by then and I'll be riding by then. I'm gonna be on the shelf for a month or so with surgery.

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
^ Forget that man. Way to many people go thru that lake every year. Between the pressure cracks, streams, and springs, that is a stupid lake to ride on IMO.

I remember riding to the springs back in the day.. by toms tavern, then going to Midway, looking across the lake. People would ride thru 1 foot of slush FAST to hit the ice.. stupid stupid. A week later a kid died not far from there. Needless to say I turned around!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I take every precaution before i go riding on the lake.I talk to 3 different bars along the lake.(In mayville,toms tavern,lakewood rod and gun club)And if theres 8inches or more id ride it. I also talk to ice fisherman to see how thick it is and i talk to people comming off of the lake to see how the ice is.(slushy,snow,bare ice)And i talk to a guy that rides the lake just to get out of his house to the trails.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FUSION900PA said:
hey pahighlander... do you ride the laural highlands area... if so, i wouldn't mind trying something new this year...
Yes. Let me know when ever you would like to come and ride. Several options around here to ride. Usally with beong the heighest point in Pa we do get some snow. Last few years have been bad though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Mike, I was told today that the Peak has recorded 96 inches of snow. I can tell you this, it has settled and the snow just keeps coming. If the temps stay cold, we are off to a great start for the season..

By the way, we might be riding Allegany State Park as they open on December 10th...we are thinking of heading up Saturday..I can keep you posted

FUSION900PA said:
Is there still snow around mayville???

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
FUSION900PA said:
Ya theres about a foot of the old snow before the warm up.(so its the kind of snow that you stap on and get almost all ur weight on it an then you break through.)and then on top of that theres about a foot of dry powder on top.

And its been cold that the lake has a coat of ice on it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
theres plent of snow in randolph, we finally got a good start to snowmobile season

·
Registered
945 Posts
1drsdragon said:
Mike, I was told today that the Peak has recorded 96 inches of snow. I can tell you this, it has settled and the snow just keeps coming. If the temps stay cold, we are off to a great start for the season..

By the way, we might be riding Allegany State Park as they open on December 10th...we are thinking of heading up Saturday..I can keep you posted

FUSION900PA said:

I should be able to go... let me know what the plans are...

41 - 60 of 98 Posts