Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
1drsdragon said:
Trick,
I dont remeber the name either it was near the institution.There claim to fame was these monster size cinnamon rolls.

TRICKPaint said:
1drsdragon said:
Here are some thoughts....if we leave out of Mayville, NY

Friday night meet and great for those that are interested in coming in the night before. Places to stay Webbs or Snowridge (right on the trail)

Saturday - would be our ride day, some could leave after dinner others could stay and depart Sunday..

For those that stay Sunday, we could ride in the opposite direction for do lunch and then back into Mayville for those that need to leave.

Thoughts ??
That is pretty close to what I would have in mind. Maybe do breakfast instead of lunch on Sunday?
Yep, or just get an early breakfast out of the way in the morning. There is a pretty good spot near where they dock the paddle boat on the lake. That's where FROSTBITE and I did breakfast when we went there. Here it is. I don't know the name of it though. That's FROSTBITE behind the sled on the right.
200711212241500_14169.jpg

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OK, here are some dates that I thought I would put out. Normally we do not have alot of snow early on so getting into January allows for the snow and hopefully a good base.

Could meet at 3 Seas Recreation or the CLSC Clubhouse Time :TBD
There are two parking areas and gas within site of the store and the main trail, C4 runs right by it.

Date #1 Ride Saturday, January 7th-Sunday January 8th.

Date #2 Ride Saturday, January 21st-Sunday, January 22nd.

Date #3 Ride Saturday, January 28th-Sunday, January 29th

For those interested we could do a meet-n-greet the night before and I will work on a general route for us to take.

The idea is we could ride east towards Catt county since we would have more time and not be to concerned with our return back.

Sunday we would go west for a smaller loop with the intention of being back and on the trailer by 1pm or so for those that want to be home before dark.

Thoughts ??? Suggestions ??

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Personally the 14th and 15th are good for me....if not the 7th and 8th. I also wouldn't be opposed to the first or second week in Feb. You are right about early snow and even early January could be iffy. I am in favor of heading to Catt. Co. as the trails tend to always be in real nice shape there - especially with my old Poo! It sounds like a fun weekend and we have a cottage in Stow so I will crash there, although it may be winterized at that point...not sure yet. Nice job planning thus far.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I would try and have some information as to when and where things are groomed prior to us heading out. The quicker you get out of Mayville, the better. C4 coming back in is usually whooped up as that corridor is the only route to connect over to PA and up towards Cassadaga.

by trying an early date in January, say the 14-15th, if we had issues with snow we could already have a back up date.

I to like the 14-15 date as it allows some time after the holiday travel and wallet recovery[thumb]

Rob

whitexc said:
Personally the 14th and 15th are good for me....if not the 7th and 8th. I also wouldn't be opposed to the first or second week in Feb. You are right about early snow and even early January could be iffy. I am in favor of heading to Catt. Co. as the trails tend to always be in real nice shape there - especially with my old Poo! It sounds like a fun weekend and we have a cottage in Stow so I will crash there, although it may be winterized at that point...not sure yet. Nice job planning thus far.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OK so lets here from more of you on the dates......What I would like to do is have the date posted on Thanksgiving.

Then I have a outline of our ride and places to stay. With that Dec 1st would be slightly more than a month. In addition we will have a back up date as well.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
would i be able to come for just saturady?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Maybe we will be water skipping! Sure is soggy out there after these last few rains.....it needs to dry up and freeze. Come on old man winter....find mother nature and git after her!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Isn't that the truth. Keeps going this way, I may need a jet ski conversion kit.

whitexc said:
Maybe we will be water skipping! Sure is soggy out there after these last few rains.....it needs to dry up and freeze. Come on old man winter....find mother nature and git after her!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The way the weather is looking, we will need a back up. So here is what we are thinking.

First option January 14th & 15th.

Second date February 11th & 12th.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I just believe we will have to go later in January as nothing significant is in the forecast till the new year...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The way the weather has been looking, for those interested, we may be forced to the February date.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
There is a SF ride planned in MN as well and it doesn't look good at all for snow.
On the plus side for you guys though, if anyone should break down on your ride,
fuse600 will be along with plenty of cardboard and ductape to fix you all right up[amazon]

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
fuse600 will be along with plenty of cardboard and ductape to fix you all right up[amazon]
Boy it takes a lot to get people to forget s**t like that..

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Tell me about it. Duct tape actually does come in handy on the trail because my buddy that I was riding with lost his gas cap and we duct taped the tank and went on our way home. On the other hand, man this weather sucks![Disappointed]

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
This could be the first year in a long time that I don't register....sorry clubs and sorry NY but it just isn't looking good. I have been busy with other things so it really isn't bothering me but it does suck to not ride...at all. They are saying cold and some snow early next week but then another warm up. Cancun in Feb. isn't looking so bad after all. I was worried about missing some seat time.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts