Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was anyone in the western up this past weekend?
They got great snow! I was there from Thur.till
Mon. And put a little over 600 mi. on.
Will update with pics. at later date!

·
Registered
231 Posts
what town did you stay at? was it busy?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
We were up towards Bergland. Snow was great found a nice little spot with two and a half feet of powder on a nice base. Ditches along eight were great as well to pound around on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hope to get approved for some PTO at work so I can get up there this month. I really like that area. Much nicer than houghton/calumet where we were a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by YooperRider
[br]We could use more... but I aint complainin!!! [:)]
Agreed. off trail is fine but the main trais are wore out and thats my main means of getting to town.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in houghton,It was great!
Boondocking we where getting into 3,
4 even 5 foot of snow.
Trails where beet close to town,
but not to bad buy Sunday.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah off trail is good. i was out cutting around today in some unknown spots and had a good time. I should just sell my sled and get a switchback but when i want to ride hard and agressive i like my 121

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was up 1/31 to 2/3, and I'm going back next week again. [:)] We found 3.5 to 4 ft. of powder in the woods West of Twin Lakes (off the 13 loop). They've been getting walloped with snow up there, we had awesome riding on trail and off. I love it up there, really a lot of dif. trails and areas to ride. I've only been up in the Keewenaw Peninsula once too, I'm happy just riding down below it (E-W/Big Bay to Bergland, N-S/Watersmeet to South Range), there's so much good riding and trails down there. We only had one bumpy trail the whole trip (Trail 13 South of Norwich Rd. to Bergland). We missed one of my favorite rides though, taking 102 to 11, love that stuff. But we did ride Greenland to Big Bay and back, Trail 14 out that way is phenomenal.

Ahhh, can't wait to get up there again in a couple days...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts